View Single Post

Old 03-16-2022, 02:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Cockpit continued

Thank you all very much for your reactions, glad you like the subject. It's indeed an historical and famous aircraft and I hope to do justice to it and the great model that Halinski made out of it.

@Isaac: All these holes..... I have a revolving hole puncher that will hopefully do the job

@ccoyle: You simply need to try one of these models, prepare yourself well by studying all the parts and instruction drawings in advance and before you know it you're in business. Very detailed doesn't necessarily mean difficult to build!

@rmks2000: The pattern of the grid floor is printed on the flooring part and I just cut the bars from 0.5mm thick plastic (paint it first! Tamiya cockpit green XF-71) and glued them on the pattern. A lot of work but I had some time on my hands as last week I was recovering from covid....

All right, continued with the interior details. Although I try to build in numerical order it is perfectly logical to divide the interior in center section (radio compartment), pilot's office and gunner's position and build accordingly.

Herewith the proceedings of the radio compartment. I detailed the dials and am still considering to add a bit more details to the other switches. The print is plain in color but highly detailed. The shelf construction to the formers is fragile. To avoid having difficulty to fit in the various radio boxes, I found it easier to pre-assemble the bottom shelf, install it, then pre-assemble the top shelf and install it, in between the already installed formers.

The front bulkhead is equipped with a drinking bottle next to the not yet installed pilot's seat, a fine and small detail consisting of 6 parts (!).

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
SBD-3 Dauntless 1:33 scale-img_e8725.jpg   SBD-3 Dauntless 1:33 scale-img_e8726.jpg   SBD-3 Dauntless 1:33 scale-img_e8729.jpg   SBD-3 Dauntless 1:33 scale-img_e8730.jpg   SBD-3 Dauntless 1:33 scale-img_e8751.jpg