View Single Post

Old 03-20-2022, 01:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Today I applied the first layer of Dark Slate Grey / Extra Dark Sea Grey to the upper surfaces of the Saro London.

And came with a tipical problem of the WWII planes: the camouflage scheme.
You can see the only picture I have found of the BN-L, 240 Sqn, and two interpretacions of the same plane. They don't match, so I had to guide me with that only picture and my knoweledge of the Supermarine Stranraer to design the full camouflage.

This is something common in this period, when the paint was made by hand and all the pictures were heavily censored. And it happened with planes and ships the same: try to guess the real color scheme of the HMS Prince of Wales when sunk (hint: the captain just ordered: "paint me this ship different").

Anyway, the phisical model is advancing, and the virtual fuselage is fully painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london20.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-london-200322.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-saro-london-020122-1-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-plastico-12-.jpg   Saro London: 3 Models, 3 Sizes-saro-london-planos-1-.jpg