View Single Post

Old 09-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks guys for all the advice. Up until now I have mostly been trying exacto blades and implex blades (I think they're an english brand) and to be honest I don't really get that long out of them. Excel or scalpel blades sound like the way to go (for me anyway).

Are Excel blades American? I've had a look on the internet because they don't seem to be available here in Ireland, plus I only have one craft shop near me. Nearly all the sites I've found them on only ship within America or Canada so I don't know if I will be able to get them. :(

On another note, I did find a useful blade for the implex range mentioned. It looks exactly like the exacto #22, straight top with the cutting edge on a curve, but the implex one is the other way round. It has the cutting edge running along the flat section and the curve is on the top. I find it great for long cuts and because it doesn't go to such a fine point as say the #11, the tip doesn't break. I've used a few so far and havn't broken one. Just worn them out.