View Single Post

Old 04-25-2022, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Pzkpfw. I Ausf. A, Orlik, 1:25

Hi to all.

Well, there is no surprise. I continue with tanks
In a matter of fact, after Sherman i wanted to make some easy and fast stuff
and already printed TIE Interceptor by UHU02... but this kit was waiting so long!
So i decided to get back to my project to build 6 main german Panzers of WWII, from I to IV. Already completed II from Halinski and III from GPM and waited for decent Pzkpfw I.
I have Ausf. F from WAK, but this modification was not mainstream and only a few were produced. Ausf. A were some simple and old models.
But Orlik published 2014 issue with new design and full interior and that what i decided to build.

Pzkpfw I was first tank in new line of armored warfare concept. They were super light and had only machine guns, but suited well for supporting infantry.
You can read all the info about the real tank here

This model by Orlik is well designed and has a full interior and interesting detailed suspension. So this a soft landing after Sherman.
Tank is tiny

About the book - some parts printed double sided and it's a plus! Designer gave details for supporting structure to build tank dome with right angles and also alignment rack for suspension angles.
Model detailed on a decent level, not Sherman but ok (told you i will always compare now )
Tracks will be made from book. I checked laser cut kit, but it is simple and not worth to add.
Will use same tools as before.
Still have my watercolor paints for any shade, but also ordered Tamiya Acrylic XF-59 Desert Yellow paint for exterior.