View Single Post

Old 05-08-2022, 05:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
Hello,

For the cables that brace the funnel, I used elastic thread sold by JSC. This is the first time I've tried this material and I'm pretty pleased with it. My cable needed to be black and so I used a black permanent marker (also seen in the photo) to color the thread before I attached it to the model. Then I drilled three small holes on each side of the funnel, one for each thread. (In retrospect, it would have been easier to make the holes before putting the funnel together!). Next I inserted a thread into each hole and applied glue. After this glue dried, I put a clothes pin on the lower end of the thread, adjusting it so the "handle" end of the clothes pin was resting on the work table and the "clamp" end was just above the work table. Doing this held the thread in place against the edge of the upper deck and also provided a small amount of weight to lightly stretch the thread. Then I applied glue to the thread where it touched the edge of the deck. Later, I cut the excess thread just below the deck edge.

I'm kind of relieved to have this step completed since I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I like the elastic thread and have plenty of it left for future projects.

Best regards,
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
"San Mateo" ferry - Orel - 1/200 scale-img_2473.jpg   "San Mateo" ferry - Orel - 1/200 scale-img_2477.jpg