View Single Post

Old 09-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Plunging right in on this one, the frame went together well enough and the fit was overall good. The "X"'s mark the sections to be cut out for the cockpit and observer's cabin.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2673.jpg
While that was drying, I decided to destroy the nice, even green I'd finally come up with by using my water-based markers. But the thing I tried on this one that I hadn't before was simply to sprinkle water all over it. I'd noticed the interesting watermarks I had previously inadvertently caused on a few of my builds and I thought it might be worth using as a technique. A seaplane seemed like the perfect subject, so I went for it.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2677.jpg
I like the effect. Not sure how it'll read on a finished model, but with some marker streaking, I think it helps the plain look of this models color. We'll see.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2678.jpg
The first pieces to go on are the fuselage/hull bottom. The fit is abominable. I actually took this frame to the belt sander to get it down to size!

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2679.jpg

The nose skin is two pieces that kinda fit... a little. Klunky. I hope the rest goes a little smoother.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2680.jpg

I am getting curious to see how this one comes together!
Chris