View Single Post

Old 09-26-2009, 07:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Knew it was going along too good to be true. Snag. I knew there was a problem when part 6 of the fuselage skin wasn't long enough to reach between the formers. I sanded down the former between 6 & 7 and added a joiner strip. The real nightmare was part seven, where the observer/gunner sits. This area between parts 6 & 7 really stinks. I finally got them in to place better than I thought I could, but I still wound up with a huge gap between the pieces. I may have may things worse than they were, but this is definitely a design problem.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2681.jpg
If I had come across this kit a couple of years ago, it would be in the trash now, but these days I really enjoy the challenge of overcoming these little problems.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2682.jpg
There wasn't a lot I could do other than print out a page of the kit, cut a slice from another piece, trim it to fit and glue it in. It's not very pretty, but it's better than a huge gap.

MM Aviation Be-4-img_2684.jpg

It's a real pity as the rest of the fuselage does go together all right.
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2685.jpg
And despite my warped formers, it still came out pretty straight!
MM Aviation Be-4-img_2687.jpg

That's it for today. I hope to start on the central wing/motor/motor mount as a separate assembly to continue the build so that I can also start work on the interiors.
Chris