View Single Post

Old 10-22-2009, 07:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Yes, it has been a long, long time since I've done anything on this one. :o
Things are starting to get back to normal here after a major disruption in the house. Still going on now, but settling so it's back to the FT 17, or R-17 as it's listed on the kit.
Not a lot of progress, but a restart on the project, if you will;
MM Armor Contest R-17-img_2752.jpg
Started adding the rivets with a acrylic glue and I'm trying to build up what areas I can to add dimension wherever possible.
MM Armor Contest R-17-img_2753.jpg
Of course it's not easy to get even sized rivets this way, but I'm sure there was at least a tiny bit of variance on the real deal.
MM Armor Contest R-17-img_2754.jpg
I've decided to go with the plates on the outside on the idler wheel. From the photos I've looked at, it seems as if there may be a slight overlapping of the plates on one of the edges?? So to attempt to replicate that, I've cut out each "pie slice" and used more glue on one edge than the other. Not sure if it's going to read or not, but at least I'm trying!
MM Armor Contest R-17-img_2755.jpg
I'm not sold on the acrylic glue for rivets. The rivets on the FT are quite pronounced. They're the cone shaped rivets that used to be so popular on US trains in the 1800s and I think I may need to use a thicker glue and redo the rivets to get them to look a little more accurate?
MM Armor Contest R-17-img_2756.jpg
The wheel support arms are done and I'm looking forward to getting into the rest of the suspension to see what damage I can do next!
Chris