View Single Post

Old 10-26-2009, 08:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I've done a lot of rivets over the years, using many different techniques, but I still think glue is my favorite.
I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I went over all the rivets again with another layer of slightly thicker glue. You may not be able to tell the difference in the photo, but it does make a big difference in person.
MM Armor Contest R-17-img_2758.jpg

I figured I would jump ahead a bit and get a start on the turret, as I suspected it would need some extra work. I wasn't wrong.
The fit on the top piece is rough at best and there's much sanding to be done. I'm going to need to do some putty work as well. This is something I haven't done on a paper model yet, so any and all advice, help, examples, warnings, etc. are very welcome. I'm planning on several coats of FUTURE to stiffen the paper up and then apply some interior patching compound as the putty. Anybody try this yet? Sound feasible?
MM Armor Contest R-17-img_2760.jpg

I'm doing lots of heavy home repair work these days, so I'm not getting much modeling time in. Hopefully more time next week or so.
Chris