View Single Post

Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Those were some big aircraft. I saw a show on TV about those a few years back.

Here is a simple toy you can make that uses wing-in-surface-effect.
WISE craft
:D

There are a couple here in the "download" section that actually work (not to toot my own horn). The "Wise" is a slug.

@STRK. You model is fantastic. You made the build up seem so easy. Rhino is a great program for doing these type of builds. I am working on the A90 Orlyonok, which is what the Soviets were just about to produce before they went belly up. It would be great if Russia picked up the project. They are awesome ships. I e-mailed the company that was responsible for these crafts in Russia and they e-mailed me back a very courteous letter. I asked them what was the service ceiling on the A-90, if it was able of flight out of ground effect, the engineer stated they could go up to 3000 meters ( 9000 Feet) with all engines running. Many have disputed this and I don't know if I believe it but a ship that size that could not get out of ground effect would be in danger in rough sea states. Many have opinions about these ships, I think they are things of beauty. I have designed a couple of "toy" Ekranoplans. They are in the "download section", under "Penny Ekranoplans", that work with a little tweaking, using a rubber band to launch off the floor, they will fly in ground effect for ridiculously long distances.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/d...do=file&id=112