View Single Post

Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisVon View Post
Not much done today (pretty hectic here at work.) I redone the turtleback / canopy section to give it a more rounded look. In addition, the window braces are in place. I'm a little worried about how sturdy they will be. I intend for them to be folded in half (or even doubled up as two separate pieces for each brace), but I just don't want them over time to start buckling. It may not be a problem though, since the rear part of the turtleback will be glued to the tail section. I just might be worrying for nothing. lol

One thing that HAS been eating at me, is what to do for windows. Most owner / operators actually have the side windows removed (which solves the problem of placing any there in the first place!) If I decide to go that rout, then a "simulated" paper windshield will be sufficient. But then what do I do about the rear part (as I mentioned in one of my previous posts).

The way it's looking, I'll probably have to build the canopy / turtleback assembly as a single piece, rather than "building up" from the sides of the cockpit area, then the braces, then the turtleback, then the windows. But I'm not sure how easily building it all as a separate piece, then gluing to the fuselage afterwards will be. It may not be an issue, and for those who are far more experienced at paper modelling than I am, it's probably a piece of cake. Also, I somewhat hate the idea of using windows made of paper on the model, since I plan on adding some cockpit details later on (probably sooner than later in fact). But just thinking about it now, I could do something a bit novel, and give the modeller the option of keeping the windows "open", and have them hanging down on the sides of the fuselage. With a setup like that, you'd see the inside of the cockpit.

Well, I'm overanalyzing (and probably overcomplicating) this as usual. lol It's looking likely that I'll be home tomorrow (FINALLY!) It will be nice to actually post some PAPER modelling rather than digital modelling for a change.

Chris

It's been a while Chris,

I hope all is fine and the model is getting ready.....

You can understand that I can hardly wait........