View Single Post

Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Charlie -- Thanks for the additional advice. I had forgotten about the anealing process, which would also solve my problem of painting the antenna and engine compartment railing. The Dinky Medium Tank was apparently issued in 1937 as Catalogue No. 151a-G. I have only ever seen the model once, in 1959, when I visited a college friend in Toronto. His brother had a nice collection of Dinky military models, including the Medium. You can see a photo of it at Christian Boland's on-line gallery of his collection welcome to the dinky toys collection of Christiaan Boland. See also 151-G, the Medium Tank set, which includes a six-wheeled lorry (called a "covered wagon" by Dinky) and support trailers. There was also a Light Tank and Light Tank Set, which are also pictured at the Boland site.

Ken -- I like your "advanced" version and have noted your comments to help my in my next build. You are correct about the white areas inside the driver's compartment. I didn't realize this until I had completed the build and then tried to paint it with my Neocolor slurry. For the next one, I will either paint that are in advance, or print out an additional copy on bond paper and laminate some olive drab. I think the white are on Part 6 is where the storage box (Part 11) attaches.

Looking at the photos of my attempt, I can see that my bad habit of scoring lines from the front did not serve me well in this build. I will use the "scoring ont he reverese side" methods set forth in another recent thread when I build the next one. I also will try Kevin Stephens's layering technique.

Jim: Your Universal Carrier has obviously made some friends. We do recommend that if you make any future modifications, you add some material to cover the lower inside of the driver's compartment. Also, on the simple version, is the right (off, or starboard) side undercarriage printed backwards, or was that my error?

Don