View Single Post

Old 11-22-2009, 01:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.96 MB
Ron's TOS Enterprise build

I've been lurking about here for a while now and I have yet to show any of my builds... mainly due to the fear of showing my novice attempts next to some of the truly mind blowing stuff shown on this forum! However, I think the time has come for me to don the man-pants and change this!

This is my current build, as you can see it's Mike Hungerford's repaint of Ron Caudilo's fabulous rendition of the original Enterprise. I'm having some fun with it and using some coloured card and foil to add some utterly non-cannon detail to her as I go along -it seems everyone and their mother is redesigning and updating the old girl so I thought I'd have a crack at it! - I've also changed the name and registry and added phaser turrets made from toothpicks.

I'm afraid that you can't really see in these photos but I cut out each window and backed them with transparent blue acetate (stolen from work ) and silver paper (stolen from the wife ) to give them a nice effect that looks quite convincing in real life.

I've had a few problems with the glue I'm using (some sort of Turkish UHU knockoff) and xeroxed parts are the devils work but so far I'm very pleased with how she's coming so far.

Gold ciggerette pack foil, great stuff!

Thanks for looking, crits and comments are welcome.