View Single Post

Old 11-26-2009, 07:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
1:50 B-Wing Fighter

I'm may not be terribly focused, but rarely do I sit idle, and rarely do I have less than a 1/2 dozen projects on the go at one time or another. While waiting for my muse to kick in with other projects, I've started a new one; as the title suggests, a 1:50 scale B-Wing fighter from Star Wars. I'm not too far into it, and I imagine the model alone with take the better part of several months, but progress threads are fun to watch, so I thought I'd share this one. I've attempted several projects this large before, but have yet to complete one. I think now I have enough experience to give it a solid shot at the least.

This will be quite a large build, despite the moderate scale. The fighter is reportedly almost 17 m long, so once built this will stand at about 30-32 cm in length. I'm planning several elements into her; detailed cockpit (with pilot), opening canopy, rotating gyro-mounted cockpit assembly, landing gear, and opening/closing S-foils.

As you can see, I've the cockpit gyro-mount mostly modeled, although I have to model the hinges for the canopy yet. The assembly as shown will be a little over 10 cm long, and I have a number of detailing elements to add yet.

Enjoy!
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
1:50 B-Wing Fighter-cockpit-sample1.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-cockpit-sample2.jpg   1:50 B-Wing Fighter-cockpit-sample3.jpg