PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-13-2010, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 726.58 MB
I smoothed out the padding on the floor of the ramp, got the bench seats done - the back of the benches will glue directly to the walls of the jumper, and figured out where the wall/door should go and made markings on the floor for them all. I also widened the body a bit to give it more of a flatness to the top.

I think I'm done for the day, my eyeballs are starting to hurt :/

Old 09-13-2010, 04:15 PM

If anyone wants to help with the cockpit seats, please feel free. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea how to even begin on those.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 AM

Never mind about the seats. I was making it more difficult than it has to be. I was thinking about making all of the raised surfaces (cushions), but then thought that I didn't do that for the benches. It's all good
Old 09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
If you draw out the basic seat shapes flat with the cushions drawn in - you could easily plump up the cushions by just gluing on additional layers of card over the cushions. Just include extra seat shapes to cut the cushions out of to make the parts.

Yogi (isn't it strange how similar alien and human bums are ...)
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
If you draw out the basic seat shapes flat with the cushions drawn in - you could easily plump up the cushions by just gluing on additional layers of card over the cushions. Just include extra seat shapes to cut the cushions out of to make the parts.

Yogi (isn't it strange how similar alien and human bums are ...)

This is very true. Sometimes, my mind wants to make things more difficult than they need to be. It's times like that when I need to step back for a moment and have a look from a different perspective, and ask for other opinions. Thank you
Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Well IMO, I think that you are doing a very good job on this and everything is looking GREAT so far. I like how you are able to match the style and colour scheme of the original PJ.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 97.43 MB
Great job on the interior! I scratchbuilt one for my 1/48 PJ, and the seats, I thought , would be hard, but I sketched them out as a back rest, base, and armrests.Not to difficult, but...... After layering one copy, I realized it was beyond my patience level to do all four, so I molded it and cast some copies....if not, I probably wouldn't have finished it. You could do the cushions as a texture, and at even 1/48 or bigger it would look fine. Nice pics too, wish I had 'em when I did mine! I'll try to find my sketch, maybe it can help.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM

I've been taking a break from the PJ for a few days, in order to get Thunderbhild's Gunstar complete. Just 2 more canons and it'll be done, then I'll start up on this project again. Thanks to everyone for all of the encouragement and kind words as I hammer out the details on this. It'll be done soon, I promise
Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
How are things going with the Gunstar, can we see photos? Is there any progress with the PJ add-ons?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 AM

I apologize for the delay in this. The PJ I was working on got destroyed while it was sitting on my desk, so I have to start over again. It's very frustrating, to say the least. Fortunately, the second time is usually easier than the first. I'm just waiting to get some ink for my printer. It'll probably be next week before I can start up this project again.
Google Adsense