PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-10-2010, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Yeah, he's already available...(and he's correct to 'scale' although knowing LFL's early history the cockpit on the X-Wing might not be...) :D

I need to give the B-Wing a fair-shake before I give up and turn the texturing portion over to another, although I appreciate the offer. I'm detailing/greebling as I texture, so in some ways its not even ready to pass on. Thank you though!
Old 11-10-2010, 03:11 PM

I just thought of it, but I also have a 1:50 scale Astromech, if you want to model only the slot... Certainly when I build one of these beauts I'll rough one in if you don't...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I have the R2 head from my first xwing, but having more options would be fun. What diameter does your astromech have? Around 9mm should fit in nicely.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:41 PM

The dome/body is very close to 9mm in diameter, the width at the legs (exterior) is around 11mm. Oh, the height from base of body to edge of dome: 12mm. Height from bottom of 'foot': 19 mm.

Each component is separate, so the dome can be assembled directly to the surface of the Astromech slot as well.

:D It comes in 6 colours!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:41 AM

Great, the height of the upper half of the fuselage is 20 mm (and if you cut the center plane, you'll get even more space) and the slot's width is 12 mm, so it should fit in nicely!
I'll do an R5 head later if you don't have one, too.
Google Adsense
Old 11-11-2010, 03:36 AM

I took a break from wings construction and started texturing the fuselage. Small teaser: http://imcold.evilhosting.org/modely/xwing/nose.pdf . That's the final version of the nose, so you can start building your own X-wing now!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:30 PM

ohohoh!!! well well well this is going to be great! a X-wing... a B-wing... mmm, ok and if I tell you I've something like this in my bag? :D:D:D sooner or later we'll need someone thinking about bad Imperial guys...
anyway, you're doing a superb work, as always! do you think it will be possible to have a Blue Squadron fighter? or a Gold one?... Green....? :D
Attached Thumbnails
X-wing in 1/48, another one-wing.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM

I have an R5 head modeled, but not textured. Be a bit of a cinch to finish really.

Fargo that looks great... :D you planning an actual cockpit, or darkened canopy?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:32 AM

What a pleasant post to find early in the morning :D I agree with Tirick, looks great! I like that you can add the panel lines in Rhino, that would save me some work...
There definitely will be more texture possibilities, I have some ideas for unique paintjobs already. It would be cool if each wing could have some uniqueness in it. And I have certain shape improvements / options in my mind as well (nose).
'bout imps: I'm going to do the TIE ball in 2 years horizon, I have another project going on and I'd like to do the BSG Viper first, so I can't be more specific. We have to assemble our wings until then :D
Old 11-12-2010, 07:24 AM

hi guys, glad you like my little RZ-1
answers:
- yes, I'm planning a real cockpit with vacuformed clear canopy
- the project is, more or less, 50% complete: I need to work on inner structure for engines and central hull, plus the model lacks totally of a cockpit AND I need cannons...

anyway, it won't go further from what you saw in the pic until the end of the gallofree cruiser, considering that in the shipyard there are even the nebulon B always waiting and my little snowspeeder.... meh... it's so frustrating to have all those ideas stopped because of my everyday life...
as for our Imps friends, I'm going to throw myself in too I'm planning to tackle (next future) my beloved TIE Advanced, even if it could be some kind of a challenge, due to a variety of different design variations out there on the web

XWA Upgrade Main
XWA Upgrade Main
YouTube - TIE Fighter - Zaarin shows Vader the TIE Avenger

about TIEs, another point is that... well, I can't stand the idea to have a hull, which should be a perfect sphere, made with something (paper) that doesn't allow you to make it :( so, without offending anyone of our "purist" friends, I'll consider to make it using a plastic ball...
we will see...
Google Adsense

Tags
star wars, x-wing