PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-03-2011, 01:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Talespin Miniatures

Hey there guys, it's been a while since I posted anything. Lately I've been on a Talespin kick, and when I tried to find an orthographic of the Seaduck, I managed to find a site with D6 stats for Talespin aircraft and characters:

The TaleSpin Sourcepage

Well since this site has perfectly good stats and no gaming pieces to go with them, I thought I would try and work up a few models of the aircraft in the series, starting with everyone's favorite cargo plane, the Seaduck:

I know, it's rough, but I just wanted to slap it together so I could get an idea of what to do.

I made this from a set of orthographic drawings of the Seaduck, on the site I linked to. From this model I'll be able to see how to modify the orthos to create a set of templates. I already know how much to shrink the image so it will print at the scale I want, so I'll be able to simply hit print and make a PDF with the 'Duck and several other designs on one page.

I want to make a set of CT-37 Pirate Fighters and the Iron Vulture next:

http://talespinsourcepage.i8.com/ima...efighter03.jpg

http://talespinsourcepage.i8.com/ima.../weapons04.jpg

(you'll have to copy and paste those two images; the site doesn't allow hot-linking)
Google Adsense
Old 06-03-2011, 05:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.94 MB
Just a warning. The TaleSpin Sourcepage sets off my antivirus. Proceed with caution.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 221.48 MB
It looks great. How long did it take to make?
Old 10-14-2017, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenniumfalsehood View Post
Hey there guys, it's been a while since I posted anything. Lately I've been on a Talespin kick, and when I tried to find an orthographic of the Seaduck, I managed to find a site with D6 stats for Talespin aircraft and characters:

The TaleSpin Sourcepage

Well since this site has perfectly good stats and no gaming pieces to go with them, I thought I would try and work up a few models of the aircraft in the series, starting with everyone's favorite cargo plane, the Seaduck:

I know, it's rough, but I just wanted to slap it together so I could get an idea of what to do.

I made this from a set of orthographic drawings of the Seaduck, on the site I linked to. From this model I'll be able to see how to modify the orthos to create a set of templates. I already know how much to shrink the image so it will print at the scale I want, so I'll be able to simply hit print and make a PDF with the 'Duck and several other designs on one page.

I want to make a set of CT-37 Pirate Fighters and the Iron Vulture next:

404 Not Found

404 Not Found

(you'll have to copy and paste those two images; the site doesn't allow hot-linking)

I'd love to see these pictures, and did you progress far enough to produce a .pdf of the Seaduck, or any of the other Tailspin aircraft.

My ultimate aim is to make something like this in 1:300 scale ...

I am currently building a 1/4 size version of Paragon's SeaDuck, but It will need shrinking a little more to get down to 1:300. I'm not too keen on the Waterbomber livery, and the fuselage needs stretching a little more (like the picture) to balance it on the step for take off. I'm also considering PBY style wing tip foldup floats.

This picture found by Google led me here, and shows me that something like what I'm looking for just might already exist.

Are you still around Milleniumfalsehood?