PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Got a bit more done on the monitor today, had hoped to have this done by now, but real life and other projects and other things in store for me. I worked on the monitor proper and came up with a great answer for the inner frame and for simple lighting. I had to reprint one part, because I had sut it slightly under size. I have one more part to make and then it's down to final assembly and lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-22.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-23.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-24.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-25.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-26.jpg  

TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-27.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
pretty cool!
like to see more photos as this finishes.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Banned

Thanks, I'll photograph this until it's done, then I'll host all of the files in a zip file.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Banned

to be series cannon true, it should also be smashable during pon far season
Old 03-11-2012, 02:26 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
to be series cannon true, it should also be smashable during pon far season
Or fly off its pedistal with the blow of a transporter duplicate...
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Banned

i didnt mean smashing your model was the thing to do, i just keep thinking of that part of amok time whenever i see the monitor.
as for kirks evil twin, i always wanted that scene for a screen saver.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim captkirk,........im captaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiin keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrk!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Banned

No worries, I've just been bogged down with other stuff and haven't been around much. I've been working on wrapping up several projects as I have a contract that I have to finish and ship out and have to get back on the refit. I'm going to finish up the monitor this week and hope to finish one of the bridges and one of the TNG models, but it's Spring here and this starts my busy season. I'll have some kind of update later today.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Just a brief update.... Everything as posted in the last post is on track and I will have some pretty pictures of the recent work very soon. Additionally, I will be updating my blog and adding to it as well as starting a new modeling forum that will be by invitation only, but will be open viewing to the public.
The forum will cover all aspects of modeling and I will not tolerate trouble makers, or anyone coming in and trying to control others actions and there will be no politics of personality as there is on some of the forums. I intend to stay and active member here, but I will have a place where I can express myself with censorship and where I have control of what goes on. I will not tolerate some of the nonsense that I have seen on some of the forums, but I will freely help and promote any modeler that want to get their work out there and anyone that is looking to profit off of their own hard work. So, stay tuned as there is a lot coming. I'm been planning something big for some time, and I've just about got things worked out.

Keep on Trekkin!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Banned

Looks like I'm coming into the home stretch on this, got a little time to work on it this morning, so here you go....... I scored and cut the lexan, removed the protective film and sanded with 400 grit sandpaper to frost it and showed how you could barely see a ghost image behind the screen, but as you can see, when the interior light it turned on, you will have a nice little nightlight to sit beside your berth onboard the USS Melvis NX-47.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-25.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-26.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-27.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-29.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-monitor-30.jpg  

Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

I suppose this is the right place to post this..... This is my most recent movie showing molding and casting on the 50" Refit, just knocked this out this morning. BTW, should have the monitor done today.

Molding and Casting the 50 inch Refit Movie 1.wmv - YouTube
Google Adsense