PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
What, no one liked the movie? I think it's pretty funny that Der Stalker can dish it out and but can't take it and is the first one to run to the mods. Oh well, just proves what I've said about bullies. At any rate, I just got my order of silicone in yesterday, so I'm going to be a busy boy. I'll make sure to update this thread with lots of pretty pictures of all of the new parts, new cast parts and new details. Sorry, no pictures this post. Keep on Trekkin folks!
=/\=
Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.96 MB
There seems to be a rather hilarious amount of drama going on for a fricking paper model forum. Some people just seem to enjoy creating a fuss and taking offence over not very much at all, spoiling it for everyone else. Think'll be spending my time on the other forum where at least some of these folks got their marching orders. Best of luck with your projects Neptune.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushibones View Post
There seems to be a rather hilarious amount of drama going on for a fricking paper model forum. Some people just seem to enjoy creating a fuss and taking offence over not very much at all, spoiling it for everyone else. Think'll be spending my time on the other forum where at least some of these folks got their marching orders. Best of luck with your projects Neptune.
Not quite understanding what you mean by where others get their marching orders. Trust me Sushibones, this isn't the only forum where Der Stalker and Der Clown Posse has come in and had a hissey fit, then had the mods clean up their posts. BTW, I think the word is spelled offense. Thanks for the good luck. I prefer to use perserverance and persistance.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.96 MB
Sigh.... I'm very sure that -ce is the british/international spelling while -se is a American mutation due the many differences in intonation we have on both sides of the Atlantic. Similar to the s or z phoneme change between some noun suffixes. It's something that my students bring up from time to time
Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushibones View Post
Sigh.... I'm very sure that -ce is the british/international spelling while -se is a American mutation due the many differences in intonation we have on both sides of the Atlantic. Similar to the s or z phoneme change between some noun suffixes. It's something that my students bring up from time to time
Alas, two great nations separated by the same language.
Google Adsense
Old 04-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Banned

Well..... I got even more texturing work done on the TOS Enterprise bridge and below are a couple of photos... I used a combination of screen caps and existing textures and referencing an .skp file that I am sure is based on Sean Robertson's, or Billy West's Bridge....
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_67-apr.-08-06.45.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_68-apr.-08-06.46.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
And I had heard that they were separated by a pond!

I hope no on brings up he spelling of grey...I mean gray... I mean...

Bully...[In the T.R. sense...]

The DC
Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
And I had heard that they were separated by a pond!

I hope no on brings up he spelling of grey...I mean gray... I mean...

Bully...[In the T.R. sense...]

The DC
LOL. Right..... The pond... Played with the bridges some more.... As you can see from the recent work, I've been working on all of the sets from the Matt Jeffries Blueprints that I hosted for everyone Chrismas. Since then I've recieved some accurate measurements and blueprints from a friend that has access to these things, so I've been taking time to make some minor changes to correct a few things. Naturally, I'm adding my own spin to everything.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_69-apr.-08-12.05.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_70-apr.-08-12.05.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_71-apr.-08-12.05.jpg  
Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Banned

Update 1

This will be the last update on anything for a few days. I've got a lot of work to do and now that the holiday is over and I've got my silicone, I'm going to be working on the hard props, models and set pieces. As soon as the silicone is poured today and I'm done with a few other things, I start working on the TOS Captain's Chair. I've been waiting to get started on this every since my friend sent me the blueprints and measurements from the studio prop.

Since before I uploaded the Jeffries' blueprints I've been working on a scale model of all of the sets. I've also been going back and reworking all of the prints and adding notes and plotting out the actual construction of the various soundstages, so I'm going to share a little bit of what I've been up to, since I'll be busy for awhile. So have a look at all of the pretty pictures and I'll catch up with you all soon.

In and effort to provide full disclosure, I've been using everything that I have available to me to create and recreate these sets and props. I've used Jeffries' prints, ptropes bridge, Sean's bridge, the McMasters prints, video game files and other information to get these things as accrate as possible. Of course I've used screen grabs as well to plot out buttons, get the right colors and fonts and so on. Having said all of that. The final product will all be my own work.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-blueprint-correction.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_01-apr.-09-07.32.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_02-apr.-09-07.38.jpg   TOS Trek Files-jeffries-sketches-1.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-set-detail.jpg  

TOS Trek Files-tos-bridge-exploded.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-bridge-elevation.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-bridge-sean-1.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-screen-cap-3.jpg   TOS Trek Files-tos-sets-1.jpg  

Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Banned

Much to show of my recent work, but I was asked specifically to work this model up, so I played with this a bit in Pep and will be working on it intermittantly while finishing up some of the other marvelous projects I've got it the works.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_01-apr.-14-05.58.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_02-apr.-14-05.58.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_03-apr.-14-05.58.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_04-apr.-14-05.59.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_05-apr.-14-05.59.jpg  

Google Adsense