PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
While working on everyone else's stuff I pulled my D-7 card model out and started working the unfold again and reworking the textures. I'm going to be showing how to take this card model and use the templates to create a large scale D-7, in scale with my 47" TOS Enterprise. For those that are interested,
I will be having 305th TOS, 47" TOS and other updates very soon. LOL!

BTW, that sheet on the right is A3.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_05-may.-10-12.41.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned

See, this is why I hate that one hour edit window, I come back and see my own posts and think.... "Was I drinking at the time..???" The reality is that I'm a terrible typist, terrible! Sorry about that, I do try.

Below is yet another 1:1 scale project I've been working on, I'll post more later. I've really got to update the 350th files as well as the 47"... Oh well, only so many hours in the day....er..uh...week...

This is the main dedication plaque for the TOS Enterprise and measures around 10X20" and is going to be shipped to Cali along with another one.

This is the first stage showing the laser cut parts still in their block, before I set the levels and cast everything. Sorry, I've got a lot to catch up on, with regards to updating threads, blogs, website...etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I wasn't around much last week as I work working, reworking and molding and casting new parts for bot the 47" TOS Enterprise and the 350th, so I thought I'd take this time to show some of what I was up to. Below you can see some of the work that was done in preparation for the molding. The clear cast parts are a friend's with whom I am currently work with on more than one kit. I'll post shows of my clear parts at a later date. Remember, this all started with paper! I fully support the card modeling folks and have since day one. Wehn I started going beyond the cardstock models, people on the other forums would poo poo the cardmodelers, now most of the forums (styrene and resin) include a card modeling section. I'd like to think that I was partly responsible for that.

Much, much, more to come. Look for updates on the the 1:1 TOS Captain's chair as well as a lot of work done on the TOS Card models recently.

Keep on Trekkin! =/\=
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-350-tos-parts-718.jpg  
Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Banned

Here it is all ready to go into silicone and be shipped out Monday!
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-350-tos-parts-719.jpg   TOS Trek Files-350-tos-parts-720.jpg   TOS Trek Files-350-tos-parts-721.jpg   TOS Trek Files-350-tos-parts-722.jpg  
Old 05-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
That is very neat work, Neptune my friend.
Among the Craftsmen I mentioned earlier were Stonemasons. Lettering was, as you may imagine, a big thing for them. Your work here, albeit in different materials, is as fine and eye-catchingly neat as theirs.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
That is very neat work, Neptune my friend.
Among the Craftsmen I mentioned earlier were Stonemasons. Lettering was, as you may imagine, a big thing for them. Your work here, albeit in different materials, is as fine and eye-catchingly neat as theirs.

Thank you again for your kind and uplifting comments. Believe it, or not, my first work in construction was with Stonemasons and Marbleworkers. I worked as a helper in the Marble side when I was freash out of the Navy. Marble work and all of the trades ran in both sides of my family as did mechanical and industry, virtually half of both sides of the family were craftsmen and the other half were farmers and almost all were hunter gathers.
Google Adsense
Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
thats really very beautiful, and i am at a loss for words.
jim
Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Small world :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Thank you again for your kind and uplifting comments. Believe it, or not, my first work in construction was with Stonemasons and Marbleworkers. I worked as a helper in the Marble side when I was freash out of the Navy. Marble work and all of the trades ran in both sides of my family as did mechanical and industry, virtually half of both sides of the family were craftsmen and the other half were farmers and almost all were hunter gathers.
It goes to show how small our world is in some ways.
It's a form of serendipity that you have such a background, and I knew those within the same professions. It certainly accounts well for that aspect of your skills.

I have to admit, I always found the Marble side to be the more interesting of the two, but opportunities within that field were at the time exceedingly rare, to say the least of it.

As to the uplifting nature of my recent comments: I never lightly offer praise, yet I never stint on praise when I genuinely believe in and admire the works I see.
Please take as certain that I greatly admire your skills in the many works and projects you execute.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:38 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Very nice.

The DC
Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
It goes to show how small our world is in some ways.
It's a form of serendipity that you have such a background, and I knew those within the same professions. It certainly accounts well for that aspect of your skills.

I have to admit, I always found the Marble side to be the more interesting of the two, but opportunities within that field were at the time exceedingly rare, to say the least of it.

As to the uplifting nature of my recent comments: I never lightly offer praise, yet I never stint on praise when I genuinely believe in and admire the works I see.
Please take as certain that I greatly admire your skills in the many works and projects you execute.

With regards to the marble side of things, my Grandfather and his entire family worked in the that field as did my Uncle, so when I got a little experience in the stone side of it, it wasn't a big, or difficult transition.
I was only in the Union for a short period of time as I moved on to other things. My background was in engineering and I didn't feel like doing labor and back breaking grunt work the rest of my life, but some how always ended coming back to the trades.

With regards to the comments, I'll take them as they are meant, still I'm humbled by your praise. Unfortunately, having recieved quite different comments from the bastion of haters that inhabits the net, it's kind of
strange to have someone sing so highly of your work.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

Oh lookey! More fun with TOS models. Below you can see both the communications console in one scale and the same console from yet another source in a different scale, only precision laser cut from styrene. Note the clear transparencies and the pep file photos. =/\= Keep on Trekkin!
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-communications-panel-1.jpg   TOS Trek Files-communications-panel-2.jpg   TOS Trek Files-communications-panel-3.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_02-may.-17-18.16.jpg   TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_03-may.-17-18.16.jpg  

Google Adsense