PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i know this sounds hokey,
and i like your builds, i had a little trouble, but once i test fitted the parts, i figured it out simply. the tos desktop moniter
so here is my hokey idea that i got from looking at the golden oblisk.
make an ecandle bedside lantern!
i think i will make mine the city on the edge of forver timegate.
when you post the model.
we all really like your models, and people should express that more often, i dont know why someone doesnt take the time to say thanks, i guess just too busy building the models!
well, thank you for working so hard on all of these and giving them.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
i know this sounds hokey,
and i like your builds, i had a little trouble, but once i test fitted the parts, i figured it out simply. the tos desktop moniter
so here is my hokey idea that i got from looking at the golden oblisk.
make an ecandle bedside lantern!
i think i will make mine the city on the edge of forver timegate.
when you post the model.
we all really like your models, and people should express that more often, i dont know why someone doesnt take the time to say thanks, i guess just too busy building the models!
well, thank you for working so hard on all of these and giving them.
Thanks, I'm glad someone's building these. LOL! It's not a hokey idea at all. What was it Einstein said? "More important than knowledge is imagination."
So, there you go. With regards to the time gate, I've often thought of doing that. I can whip one of those out in no time using high-res screen captures, the only issue would be taking the time to create the broken columns and debris in Metasequoia. Yes, considering the number of dowloads that have been taken off of my host site, it is nice to have someone appreciate the time put into these models. In August of last year I knocked out 18 in one month.

I've actually got four of the Obelisks done and ready to upload as soon as I go over everything a double check fit and whatnot. The only problem is that Pepakura's limitations with file size. When you make small models it's not problem, but when you enlarge them past a certain point, unless you manually create each texture for 1024 X 1024 dot matrix you have aliasing and pixelating issues, so if no one is interested, I'm not going to waste my time.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-screenhunter_01-jan.-28-04.44.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Banned

im afraid im still just trying to master simple structures on google sketch up. im finally learning what im not doing right on that each time i practice.
i dont know what to do about the pixelations, except the screen capture idea.
my brother was a photographer, and he could make a blowup of a blowup to make giant posters. i dont know if that will work or not though in these digital programs.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
im afraid im still just trying to master simple structures on google sketch up. im finally learning what im not doing right on that each time i practice.i dont know what to do about the pixelations, except the screen capture idea. my brother was a photographer, and he could make a blowup of a blowup to make giant posters. i dont know if that will work or not though in these digital programs.
The screens aren't the problem. I used to do screen captures and a lot of other things for Trek Pulse and Trek Core. unfortunately, my conservative politics and realistic approach to Trek didn't fit in with their concept. Having said that...
I do have access to the software I need, I just don't have the time to devote to starting a new project, from scratch, right now.

If you just want a basic, though high-res Guardian, without all of the background stuff I can whip that up too-sweet. Hell, I could even come up with a background and some standees, but I don't have the time to do a 3D version right now.

Last edited by Neptune; 01-28-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Because of the way the software lays out the sentances.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Banned

i would rather wait for it to be a rellay detailed model of yours.

would that screen capture high resolution software be freeware someplace?
if not how much does that stuff cost?
Google Adsense
Old 01-28-2012, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.20 GB
Quote:
I don't know what software Neptune was talking about, but I've used Image Grabber II ( Image Grabber II .NET - VideoHelp.com Downloads ) to grab screen shots from movies. It's freeware.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblf49 View Post
I don't know what software Neptune was talking about, but I've used Image Grabber II ( Image Grabber II .NET - VideoHelp.com Downloads ) to grab screen shots from movies. It's freeware.
Hope this helps.
FYI, the software I used was PowerDVD and it's able to catch screens at resolutions up to 2.5 megs per capture, which comes in real handy for stuff like this. I tried to tell a couple of people how to use this on more than one occasion. The thing is that Star Trek the orignal series was filmed on actual film-stock and not done on video, therefore, the screens came through at very high resolution, where as, if you tried to capture TNG, or any that followed at that res, since they were done on video, before HD and Blueray, all you get is a very large, blurry photo.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
i would rather wait for it to be a rellay detailed model of yours.

PowerDVD is usually bundled with most PC based computers, unfortunately, it may, or may not have the old screencapture utility as a part of it. The old demo version was free and came with the screen capture utility, this was before it was bought up by contract with MicroBorg.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Banned

wow 1 thank you!
i can t wait to ry that out!
im looking forward to the day when you can just imput a top sides and bottome image into a software program and it prints out a unfolded pape rmodel!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
This is my second time trying to send this message. For some reason it keeps getting blocked!

I like the build pics and directions for the Preserver model. Thanks.

I do not know why anyone slammed your models. You Aurora is great. I haven't built it yet, as I am still seeking some silver textured paper for the forward hull, but I am looking forward to it.

I agree that people should thank you more, but maybe others have had their messages be stopped like mine?

In any event, great and appreciated work....

The DC