PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-10-2018, 05:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
I do recomend to use recomended thickness. Otherwise it is possible that some parts will not match together as they shoud.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
trying to figure out what is the inner part of the front fuselage... :/
Old 01-10-2018, 06:06 PM

i think this, the one that says 14 is the inner part of the front fuselage.
https://ibb.co/cwqOXR
Old 01-10-2018, 06:22 PM

and is this number 8 piece supposed to bend in half as to ad thickness?

https://ibb.co/c4MYz6

i think im starting to get this initial part, now i jsut need a way to add thickness to the piece. any advice as to do that? thank you all :D
Old 01-11-2018, 12:10 AM

The % sign means - part with this number goes here. Number 8 is the large part that goes from the nose to the back, where it connects with 1a - that's the part in the last picture. Foldlines are ended with a triangle or a circle (marking if it's a mountain and valley fold). The red line on the parts from that page is just to help you line up the parts against each other, because all imperfections in this stage will carry to later stages and affect the look of the model.

As Peter says, if you ignore the thickness of the paper in the inner structure, the parts won't fit together properly. Some parts are just details slightly raised above surrounding surface - you can ignore it there, but it won't look properly then (F28 for example).

As for adding thickness - use the paper from food packaging boxes for example - that's quite often ~0.5mm thick, and glue the part on top of it. Regular printing paper is about 0.1mm thick, if you need 0.3mm for example, just glue 3 pieces on top of each other. But in my experience, by little scavenging around you can find paper with various thicknesses easily.
Google Adsense
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Stunning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagittarius View Post
I donīt want to start a new thread because of 10 pictures, so I will post it there .Another x-wing in my collection is from UHU and I really enjoyed building it :-)

That's amazing work!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
The % sign means - part with this number goes here. Number 8 is the large part that goes from the nose to the back, where it connects with 1a - that's the part in the last picture. Foldlines are ended with a triangle or a circle (marking if it's a mountain and valley fold). The red line on the parts from that page is just to help you line up the parts against each other, because all imperfections in this stage will carry to later stages and affect the look of the model.

As Peter says, if you ignore the thickness of the paper in the inner structure, the parts won't fit together properly. Some parts are just details slightly raised above surrounding surface - you can ignore it there, but it won't look properly then (F28 for example).

As for adding thickness - use the paper from food packaging boxes for example - that's quite often ~0.5mm thick, and glue the part on top of it. Regular printing paper is about 0.1mm thick, if you need 0.3mm for example, just glue 3 pieces on top of each other. But in my experience, by little scavenging around you can find paper with various thicknesses easily.
Ok, iv got it. On the instructions i only see 0,5mm or 1mm. and some pics in your inner structure seems to have parts with 3 or 4 mm. Like this one.

Photobucket
Old 01-11-2018, 12:10 PM

I would very much like to know, what gave you the idea that any part on that picture is 3 or 4mm thick. Please explain.
Also, would you please start a new build thread, if you are serious about this? It's getting off-topic.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:24 PM

Off-topic? last time anyone said anything in here was on 02-14-2016. This was completely DEAD. I came asking questions and your thread got some traction again. I would very much like to know what is the on-topic of this thread, other than people patting you in the back telling you you did a good job? is that why you are so annoyed?

I genuinely was interested in this, read all the pages, trying to figure this out, maybe posting some questions that were obvious for you but you came out a little strong.

Maybe im getting the wrong feeeling from you but you didnt need to come out as passive-agressive as you did.

Well, not going to bother you again. bye.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Parts thicknes on posted photo is 1mm and 0.5mm.

There is nothing agressive in Imcold answer. He is right in my opinion. This thread is for Sagittarius build and your questions have nothing to do with his particular build so they are little off-topic. Start a new thread of your build, please, and we will gladly try to help you there.

Extensions for X-wing
Google Adsense