PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Almost done, just need to do the unfolding work.

I am curious, I scaled both the AT-PT and AT-XT to 25cm.

Any one know what the real life height of these should be. Just in case some one wants to have it scaled properly since I only scale it to the point that small parts are still build able for most paper model builders.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-atxt.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 AM

Alrighty then, the AT/XT is available for download at the usual places
Old 09-24-2011, 05:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Wow. I wish I had the tech know-how to pull stuff together as fast as you do. It's amazing! And I really appreciate it.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:41 PM

Thanks kjev. Now you can start building some Walkers for the young ones
Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
wooooo nice work!
Google Adsense
Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned

Awesome models. I'm going to have to pick you brain on something. I've got a Wars model and a Trek model that I want to post soon and I'd like mine to look as good as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
Almost done, just need to do the unfolding work.

I am curious, I scaled both the AT-PT and AT-XT to 25cm.

Any one know what the real life height of these should be. Just in case some one wants to have it scaled properly since I only scale it to the point that small parts are still build able for most paper model builders.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 PM

Thanks for the words neptune, sure thing. I will try and help you.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the words neptune, sure thing. I will try and help you.

Cool beans, thanks man. I'll PM you with my e-mail when I get caught up on some things and have the time. Thanks again.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 AM

Continue my Droids / walkers etc, I plan on releasing the HailFire Droid next in the series. I was working on one but the model had a lot of work, and it was getting me down since I could not figure out how to make it workable as a paper model. Also I am posting it here since I want to keep the topic that Neptune started clean.

Neptune was kind enough to share another Hailfire Droid model with me, so now I can continue where I last time round stopped.

I have finished just about the torso part and only need to work the wheels / tracks of the droid.

Initially I thought this was going to be a quick model to get ready but I was wrong. I had to rework much of the model and the wheels are no exception.

Attached is an example of what needs to be fixed. I guess that is the problem with models ripped from games. Lots and lots of overlapping parts and parts floating in mid air and not to mention un even faces non symmetrical faces. But hey. At least it is do able with some patience and a LOT of time.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-hailfire_error.jpg   Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-hailfire.jpg  
Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Continue my Droids / walkers etc, I plan on releasing the HailFire Droid next in the series. I was working on one but the model had a lot of work, and it was getting me down since I could not figure out how to make it workable as a paper model. Also I am posting it here since I want to keep the topic that Neptune started clean.

Neptune was kind enough to share another Hailfire Droid model with me, so now I can continue where I last time round stopped.

I have finished just about the torso part and only need to work the wheels / tracks of the droid.

Initially I thought this was going to be a quick model to get ready but I was wrong. I had to rework much of the model and the wheels are no exception.

Attached is an example of what needs to be fixed. I guess that is the problem with models ripped from games. Lots and lots of overlapping parts and parts floating in mid air and not to mention un even faces non symmetrical faces. But hey. At least it is do able with some patience and a LOT of time.
Wow. Very cool. Thanks for doing this, when I get to models that need a lot of work, I honestly don't have the time. I enjoy ripping the files, retexturing and doing simple fixes and repairs and evening building the from time to time, but when I get bogged down on something, or hit a roadblock, I have to consider if it's a valuable use of my time, or can I get to it later. Frankly, I would love to spend more time doing fixes, or even creating them from scratch, but it's to time consuming right now, considering what I've got going, so I for one appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Google Adsense