PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-13-2012, 12:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
The cleaning / fixing / unfolding is done. I have made the model about 20cm in height. I know it might seem a tad big but most of the smaller parts should still be build'able for most of the builders.

Attached is the part that I fixed up. I really did not know what else to do with it. Hope it looks okay.

Oh yes. You are going to build some tubes in this model. About 32 of them.

I could have made the rockets extend through the rocket pod, but opted to cut them in halve so that they can be glued on the front and on the back. I think the other way around, you would have needed to cut holes into the rocket pod, and getting the rockets through the holes might be a pain considering paper / card thickness.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-fixed_part.jpg   Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-rockets.jpg  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Freakin Awesome Blaar. You've done a damned fine job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
Continue my Droids / walkers etc, I plan on releasing the HailFire Droid next in the series. I was working on one but the model had a lot of work, and it was getting me down since I could not figure out how to make it workable as a paper model. Also I am posting it here since I want to keep the topic that Neptune started clean.

Neptune was kind enough to share another Hailfire Droid model with me, so now I can continue where I last time round stopped.

I have finished just about the torso part and only need to work the wheels / tracks of the droid.

Initially I thought this was going to be a quick model to get ready but I was wrong. I had to rework much of the model and the wheels are no exception.

Attached is an example of what needs to be fixed. I guess that is the problem with models ripped from games. Lots and lots of overlapping parts and parts floating in mid air and not to mention un even faces non symmetrical faces. But hey. At least it is do able with some patience and a LOT of time.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Thanks Neptune.

The model is uploaded to the usual places
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
Thanks Neptune.

The model is uploaded to the usual places
Thank you! Dude, I really need to build this.