PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc

From my posts at Zealot

Quote:
Well, my fascination for mechanized war machines such as BattleMechs sparked a wanna have in side me. I have mostly done mechs from MechWarrior and the L5 from BattleField so this is my first entry into the Star Wars setting.

I plan on doing a couple of walkers from Star Wars. I know there are dozens if not thousands of models from SW but all them have a short coming that have put me off. Not that there is anything wrong , it is just my limited skills building them. Some was just to difficult for me, others was PDF only (I hate pdf's since I never could wrap my mind around the instructions), others was just plain ugly.

I dug around and installed my old SW Battlefront and got some in game models that I have captured with 3D ripper, other models that I plan to release I got from Sketchup Warehouse. (Those that I got from there also seemed to have been ripped from the game).

I plan to make them as easy as possible yet keeping as much detail as possible without making the paper model to complicated or lacking details.

I must say the first model I did went smoothly. Was easy to "clean" and unlike the MechWarrior mechs which had waaaaaaaay to many overlapping faces this model was a blast to prepare for pepakura.

Ok.

So first up , and please excuse my limited knowledge of Star Wars, is a AT-PT Walker. I am not sure what the correct name is, but any geek out their please help me out with the correct name of this walker.

I am in the unfolding phase right now, and there is about 90 or so parts. I am using mostly the method of "crate a box" style of building the model. Perhaps there could have been less parts but at least it will be relatively easy to build gluing all the "boxes" together.

I don't know what scale to make them. I was thinking going with 25cm for this walker but I will leave the PDO unlocked for those who want to tinker with scales.

Edit : I initially intended to go with walkers only but already I can see some other promising models too. So I changed the title of the post
Quote:
I have finished the cleaning and unfolding of the AT-PT, and will upload it soon, also started work on the Spider Droid. I must say, at first I thought it would be a simple model, but after working with it, it is actually detailed with a lot of parts. Should make for a good model.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-spider_droid.jpg   Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-atpt_3d.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 05:38 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
They both look great! They're sure to be a popular addition to the library of SW models.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
They both look great! They're sure to be a popular addition to the library of SW models.
Thank you.

I have uploaded the AT/PT to my mediafire page and submitted it here too.

Next up when I am done with the Spider droid is the Hellfire droid.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-hellfire.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Brilliant, awesome and fantastic! Can't wait to see more!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
AT-PT is the correct name, for All Terrain-Personal Transport. Well done models! and some good additions to the SW models collection.
One I would really like to see done is the LAAT/C, the Air Carrier that transports the AT-TE walkers into battle, Either the movie version or the clone wars version or both.. Thanks for sharing your efforts!
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 09-09-2011, 01:30 AM

Spider Droid is up, right here or at my MediaFire page.

I made it roughly 30cm tall, some parts are relatively small to built and is not something I will attempt to build with my limited building skills. Keep in mind the model is beta but I think , all should fit fine. I made the body of the droid in to 2 separate parts since I thought it would be easier to build combining the two halves. The PDO is unlocked for those who want to scale or change the unfold.

Enjoy.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:11 AM

I am trying to figure out how to clean the Hellfire droid since the main body have a lot of detail.

In the mean time, I am nearing the cleaning stage of the Imperial TX-130 tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-tx_tank.jpg  
Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Very interesting project... I watch with interest...
Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 AM

Okay, the TX130 Saber-class fighter tank is ready, download from either my mediafire page or right here.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 AM

Next up : AT-XT

Main torso part completed.

I must say, converting this to paper turned out more difficult than what I expected. There are a lot of gaps, hidden faces, over lapping parts etc. etc that needed fixing.

I think the hardest part is over now. The legs should be pretty easy to finish up, then I can start the unfolding.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars : Walkers, drones, droids, tanks etc, etc-atxt.jpg