PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
MTK card models

i cant connect with this guy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i tried to join but couldnt get a profile.
i would really like to get that 47'' tos enterprise paper model from him.
does anyone know him or how to do that?
jimmy
Google Adsense
Old 10-30-2011, 02:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
You can also find him on www.zealot.com.
Good luck with the hunt.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Banned

thank you i actually did!
and i sent him an email about that.
happy halloween!
jim
Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm right here. I've just been very busy working on my 50" Refit Project and dealing with real life. The 47" TOS is not completely open for public consumption yet. I have to make a couple of small modifications to make it palitable for the mainstream audience. As I have stated before.... "I will not release any more models until they are 100% done and ready for release. If you go to this page, you will see that things are on hold.

MTK's Card Craft

I want to make sure that every model is buildable by even the most novice of modelers. There have been some small issues with a couple of models and some complaints about buildability, textures, etc.... Additionally I now have three new programs and a valid copy of Meta, so I'm in the process of teaching myself how to use these additional programs and relearning Meta, so that not only will I be able to build kits from existing game models, 3d meashes, etc, but will be able to produce all of my own models from scratch.

Hope that clarifies things. Thanks and Keep on Trekkin! =/\=

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
i cant connect with this guy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i tried to join but couldnt get a profile.
i would really like to get that 47'' tos enterprise paper model from him.
does anyone know him or how to do that?
jimmy
Old 10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

happy halloween!
i cant wait !
i can light these up if they are big, and i will give the the sites to buy the simple inexpensive units to make it look like the show effects.
the klingon looks great!
and the romulan looks like it will be cool too.
what color are the globes going to be on the bop?
jim
Google Adsense
Old 11-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
happy halloween!
i cant wait !
i can light these up if they are big, and i will give the the sites to buy the simple inexpensive units to make it look like the show effects.
the klingon looks great!
and the romulan looks like it will be cool too.
what color are the globes going to be on the bop?
jim
Go ahead and show the links. I've got several lighint kits waiting to go into production for the various sizes of TOS Enterprises, but some might want to see what you have to link to. The BOP nacelle domes will be blue / green. I'm doing to impulse engine in red and the exhaust in white.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned

sounds cool!
if you have the nacelle lights figured out with kits ready to go, thats probably better.
all i can was some bling lights with crystals to bounce the lights around like the spinning lines. cult man did something simular.
jim
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
sounds cool!
if you have the nacelle lights figured out with kits ready to go, thats probably better.
all i can was some bling lights with crystals to bounce the lights around like the spinning lines. cult man did something simular.
jim
I see. Well, these are professionally designed kits that will go with, or for the 1/350th TOS That I'm working on with AW Studios, as well as for mine and the 47" Enterprise. Considering what I spent getting a degree and what I spent in time a developement, they will not be free. Sorry.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Banned

sound slike i pissed you off i didnt mean to, the site is called
www.blinkylights.com
and you want to search sports lights. then choose the colors you want. i usually choose the bear paw print in red or amber.
then you need to go to a door knob store site, any will do even ace hardware and get fauceted drawer knobs that look kind of like a diamond. they are a little more expensive.
then push mold a white plastic sheet or vaccuform a dome from a ball of some kind that is the right size for you.
glue the knob to the top of the blinky light, and then cover the sides with a sleeve of black paper or rubber. then put the dome over that and you will see the great effect.
you can pull out the batteries and solder on wires if you wish or just make the domes pull off. as far as the window lites and blinking running lites go, radio shack has those leds in stock all the time. i would just use a yellow driver blinking led to run two white leds and then use a red and green led for the top saucer port and starboard lites with beads or even glue for the clear underside ones. and the yellow driver led in a light box on the hanger deck sides.
thats all i know.
jim
Old 11-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned

i forgot to say to make a light box for the white leds in the saucer running lights, with the colored leds on the top and clear parts on the bottom, sealed in so there are no lite leaks with aluminum foil.
jim
Google Adsense