PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 11-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
I never really thought about it that much, but I think the look of the stern came about from the development of the runabout from the existing design of the Jenolen/Nash/Orbital shuttle which was originally to have been used for DS9.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Well, the wing edges really kicked my behind, and work and family stuff have gotten me behind a bit but I'm getting back on track and am still shooting for having this project done by the end of November. I finally got the wing into a shape I can live with, and I'm working on the surface details now. I still have the inner surfaces to get shaped and colored, plus all of the recessed areas, so the wings will probably end up taking more time and detail work than the rest of the model. I still have the warp drive and engines to do, as well. More pics soon...
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM

Well, I've got more progress pics, such as they are, posted on my blog. I figure it will be easier for me on this project to just post everything to my blog and add links on the sites where I've been posting separate pics and comments. Hope you guys don't mind.

The Model Citizen: Rosco's House of Pain
Old 11-22-2011, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Just checked out the blog, looking good.

Niki
Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 PM

Thanks, Niki.
Google Adsense
Old 11-23-2011, 03:01 AM

More progress, the wing is DONE!!

Check it out at:

The Model Citizen: He Shoots, He Scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 122.42 MB
Send a message via AIM to Paragon Send a message via MSN to Paragon Send a message via Yahoo to Paragon
Very great work. I did make another version of the Danube class earlier this year (or maybe last year) that included the modules as well. I never uploaded it, but if you want a copy in case it might help, let me know. It involved some more accurate panel lines, a redesign of the cockpit module and wings for better shape, and also includes the rollbar. It's in a smaller scale, but I bet you can still get something helpful from it.

Another Revamp

Sorry I haven't released it yet, it might have satisfied you, but at least the rest of us get a super-detailed giant scale runabout now. :P

Last edited by Paragon; 11-24-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Beautiful job!! These models are great but I think it's time to start removing these huge dotted fold lines. Just a point and instructions on where to be with points as references. Heck, a lot of thee parts should be separate panels and glued, then there won't be any lines. Very light lines are sufficient, or a very lightly colored line, or no line at all would make a better and more realistic model.

Of course, anyone downloading these models could do that and the fact that they are free is wondrous in itself!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:20 AM

@Paragon-- Thanks, James. I've played with the idea of adding separate modules like yours, but so far, I'm focusing more on getting the model completed, and making it as accuate as I can. Our wing redesigns are very similar, as well. Oh, and yes, your sensor pod design will make an excellent reference.

@Zathros-- Don't worry, you won't see any dotted lines on my model when it's done.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 30.92 MB
Another hit by Paragon! You're papermodel design skill is truly beautiful and progressive! Keep up the GREAT work!

Steve Arlo - "Zero Effect" - 1998
Google Adsense