PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Halo Scale Card Model MC ++

I started working on this on another forum, so I thought I would pick this up here. I have several of the different Halo models and variations of each, I started making my own textures and working on a 1/2 half scale MC when I had a request to work on a particular model. I was sent the model and textures, but there were several entities all crammed into the same spot. Thunderchild helped by separating the different entities, but I don't know what software he was using and picked this up over the Holiday weekend and ended up chasing my tail trying to import the model into various different programs, in an attempt to delete all of the unneccesary components that I didn't need, so that I could scale the whole unit and texture it, then import it into Daz, to pose it. I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me what I'm missing here. I tried to import it into blender and for some reason that didn't work and I tried to import it directly into Daz and Bryce 7.0 abd even played with it in Lightwave 10.... I could get the model to import into most of them, but couldn't delete the unneccesary parts. Anyone have any idea as to how I need to proceed? I've got the Unreal Tournament Developer as well... Any help would be greatly appreciated and the model will be given to the community along with a textured I:I Grenade Launcher. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Halo Scale Card Model MC ++-screenhunter_04-dec.-01-22.44.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-01-2011, 11:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Hiya, just let me know what format you want me to convert it to. I still have the files he sent me.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChild View Post
Hiya, just let me know what format you want me to convert it to. I still have the files he sent me.
I just need to know what you're using. He gave me a list of the parts he wanted and I all I want to know is how to delete the unneccesary objects in the file, keep the ones he wants so that I can size the entire thing to scale in one file. I've been working on the posing thing, but I'm still not very confident in the rigging part of it, because I haven't had the time to devote to it. However, I figure that once I have the parts all together, I can texture them the way he wants, and deal with the rigging as a separate issue. I imported the grenade launcher into Rhino and broke it up into several parts and as soon as I build on piece, I'll have a good idea as to how to correctly size the whole thing, then there's nothing left, but texturing it and outputting it to the correct scale, unfolding and publishing. Once both models are done the whole can be built as a 1:1 scale armor anf launcher.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChild View Post
TC, any news? Should I just move forward and see where I can go with this?