PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-27-2018, 11:43 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Cool Welcome Baaaaaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
hi :D
i have a few new models to post... some old stuff i promised :D
Glad to hear from you!

Been a while, Hope you're well and your exacto's still sharp!
Old 08-28-2018, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.96 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
hi :D
i have a few new models to post... some old stuff i promised :D

Ooh!

My fingers just got itchy!

Can't wait to see what you've got lurking in your files....
Old 08-28-2018, 01:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
As I understand it, Start Trek TNG ships?
Old 08-28-2018, 02:07 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
As I understand it, Start Trek TNG ships?
TAS stands for The Animated Series, 24 episodes per season, lasted 2 seasons.

Many of the original TOS(The Original Series) cast provided their voice for their animated counterparts.

The TAS series is considered Cannon, and the ships were some of the most popular features of the series. As the animators could develop different vessels more easily than their real world prop builder brethren could so.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-28-2018, 08:04 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Yes sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
TAS stands for The Animated Series, 24 episodes per season, lasted 2 seasons.

Many of the original TOS(The Original Series) cast provided their voice for their animated counterparts.

The TAS series is considered Cannon, and the ships were some of the most popular features of the series. As the animators could develop different vessels more easily than their real world prop builder brethren could so.

Correct sir!

The series offered some very interesting designs...tugs and merchant craft (two of which Bones previously designed), some real interesting shuttles & service craft (including a skimmer), and even unusual ones like the Orion ship, and the elusive Kzinti vessel.

An orion ship was later shown in Enterprise that no one has ever done (the Orion marauder) and a version of the tug that Bones designed was seen in the special edition TOS episode Charlie X.

What Bones is going to share is eagerly anticipated...
Old 08-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
another Orion ship on Star Trek Continues, is something like Matt Jefferies's glow in the dark model kit titled " UFO ". I'm glad they put that almost identical vessel on the screen.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:30 PM

Smile Interesting possibilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
another Orion ship on Star Trek Continues, is something like Matt Jefferies's glow in the dark model kit titled " UFO ". I'm glad they put that almost identical vessel on the screen.

Could you post a pic of it? I haven't seen that one.

The TAS ship was a bit silly looking but I wonder what it would look like if there had been a live version created. The Klingon BoP would have looked silly, animated, had we not seen the finely detailed model first? I bet a well colored model would have been interesting

The remastered TOS episode Journey to Babel featured an Orion ship that used a warp ring that was interesting in design.

The Orion interceptor (or marauder) in Enterprise was one of the most pleasing, and memorable designs of this species.

Sadly, perhaps the nicest Orion designs came from FASA. They were never shown except as technical readouts in Nxt Gen. The Orion Lightning was a very slick design; simple and compact. The Orion Wanderer from FASA also was screen shown in graphic, if not ever as a filming model (although upside down!!!). This was a very compelling design.

For some reason, Orion ships have rarely been the subject of paper models. I scratch built a Lightning, (with debatable results!!!) but unless I am wrong, no one has made a paper model of this race?

Now I know that Bones was working on a Kzinti ship, but maybe he'll consider an Orion? There was at least one from the TAS (subject-appropriate for this thread)?

Hmmmm...
Attached Thumbnails
TAS Star Trek Ships-star-trek-animated-series-orion-ship.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-eaglemoss_orion_scout_ship.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-orion_interceptors_firing_on_enterprise.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-orion-interceptor3-borderland.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-lightning-class.jpg  

TAS Star Trek Ships-orion_wanderer_class_v_blockade_runner.jpg  
Old 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOpmIFTxkE
Old 08-30-2018, 11:39 PM

Good call...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post

You are correct. That is a Jefferies design; in fact it is the original design he submitted for the Enterprise on TOS that was rejected.

Now what might interest Bones, and make this convo not the hijacking of his thread, was that the design was used in several stories of the animated series; stories from which the design was cut; repeatedly! It was planned to be used as an alien ship, and ancient ship, and other uses that never materialized, even though it had been drawn!

So the "Interplanetary UFO" was a Jefferies design, was an planned Enterprise design for the original show, and later a TAS design!

After being rejected as 1701, then from a series of roles in TAS, AMT released it as a planned model to be used for an original scoff story kit that they hoped would spawn a series of other designs that Jefferies had to offer. It was sold as the Leif Ericson; in solid plastic with a lighting kit, an original story-book, and a record made from paper that contained a soundtrack.

It didn't sell well. A plan to use it in TAS was suggested to promote the model and to use the purchased design from Jefferies in the animated series, possibly generating a deal like was made with AMT during the original series for the Galileo kit / Studio model & set trade. That didn't work out either.

It was released again in glow plastic as the UFO and then again as a slightly smaller version in the same glow plastic. It is probably the most know "failure" and most bought forgotten design in models!

But it could have been, and would have had the parts of the TAS episodes not been cut, a design that Bones may have been planning in this TAS ships thread; either an alien ship, and Andorran ship, or a lost Federation vessel. Had it survived the TAS cuts, the clean, logical Jefferies design would have been very likely a subject that Bones would have made a aper mode of in this thread.

Will he now???

Only Bones knows....

(apologies to the shadow fans and authors out there...).
Attached Thumbnails
TAS Star Trek Ships-images.jpeg   TAS Star Trek Ships-ufo1.jpg   TAS Star Trek Ships-scout.jpg  

Last edited by THE DC; 08-30-2018 at 11:44 PM. Reason: errors
Old 08-31-2018, 06:15 PM
Banned

I would LOVE Bones to make this as an orion ship!!!
Google Adsense