PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 12-15-2011, 01:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Please vote for a Hatchetman mech paper model

I think most of you know the Hatchetman / Axeman. This mech stole my attention years back when the BattleTech cartoon series was aired on TV.

Since then there has been two attempts to capture this mech as a paper model, the first one was done by MadCatManiac, but the model lacked a texture and was released as a blank model. Then Yogsolthan made another one, his was very good and is great for building at 1/60 scale.

Then I saw the Locust that scarecrovv made and instantly knew that if any one could make a great Hatchetman it would be him. I have been bugging him to a point where he said that he is not taking requests but he might consider making us a Hatchetman if there is another people who would want one.

So this is my post asking those in favor for a Hatchetman to please post a simple Yes Please, or Hell Yeah , or what ever.

Come one guys, lets hear your voices , Legion , millennium , kjev , cfuruti , thanmos , stormeagle and others.

Previous topics where people are asking for the Hatchetman :

HERE

and

HERE

and

HERE

and

HERE

and

HERE

and

HERE

Hopefully scarecrovv will hear us

Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Please vote for a Hatchetman mech paper model-cbt_08.jpg   Please vote for a Hatchetman mech paper model-fmmercenaries_143.jpg  
Old 12-15-2011, 02:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 24.07 MB
Yes, we desperately need a Hatchetman!

(And then play "Some heads are gonna roll" ...)

If it could be done in an interactive way, too, so that feedback during design could be considered, that would be very kind and very great!)
Old 12-15-2011, 04:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Whilst I don't really want to design it by committee, I'm definately open to feedback, suggestions and crits. As is always the way with these things (it was on the Locust and it is with the ATTE), when something is fictional, quite often it's difficult to find two reference images that don't contradict each other, so community input will help a lot. I wouldn't want to produce something that tried to compromise and didn't please anyone. That would be a waste of time.

So then, I need to know, firstly what are the physical differences between the Axeman and the Hatchetman? Also, how tall are they? So that I can work out how big the model needs to be at 1:40 scale (that is the scale you guys use, isn't it?)

Also please post/link images here of what you consider the best version of the Axeman/Hatchetman so I can get a better idea of which rendition to model.

Finally, I'm not making any promises here. I have a notoriously crappy attention span and I still need to finish the ATTE first

Cheers

Crow
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 AM

From Axman - BattleTechWiki - Sarna.net Classic BattleTech Wiki and Hatchetman - BattleTechWiki - Sarna.net Classic BattleTech Wiki the two does look like each other. The Hatchetman is a 45 tonner and the Axman a 65. Just noticed the Axman they spelt without the e. The Axman has the AC20 on the shoulder or 2 x LRM one on each shoulder. As for height at 1:40 the one would be I guess 23.5cm and the other close to 26cm.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Well, you got my vote, even if i don't really like the 'Mech itself.

One thing it should have however is the escape mechanism (IE, the head comes off)
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2011, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.28 MB
yes hatchetman rules !!!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
AX-2N Axman. I love that mech!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:40 PM

Actually I have the topic heading wrong. It should be Axman not Hatchetman. The Axman is the one we want. I was thinking you could make the shoulder mounted weapon alternative pieces that people can build either one AC20 or two LRMs. Nice to have options when building a model. Oh yes. If check sarna.net download section under media there is a realy high detail Hatchetman model. Could give you an idea of what the model should look like. It is very well done mesh.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Yeah, I grabbed that yesterday. It'll make a great template to model to, to get the shapes, volumes and proportions right.

BlaaR, I was thinking last night, if I model and texture the thing, how would you feel about doing the Pepakura work? I'll obviously design it to work as a paper model and you won't need to clean the mesh either. What do you say?

Crow
Old 12-16-2011, 03:09 AM

Are you kidding me. Yes yes yes. I will do the pepakura work. Thank you for considdering doing the Axman for us.