PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Star Wars Venator-Class Star Destroyer

Next up is a Venator-Class Star Destroyer. I found this model to be more challenging than the Sandcrawler by far, which is no doubt because I foolishly attempted to build it without instructions. I would rate the model as moderately difficult for a newbie (like me) and I didn't think the design was intuitive or clear in some aspects. I got into trouble on the engines and had to improvise, so those are not correct. That's OK, though, it was a good learning experience and still looks handsome on my shelf.

If you want to see a *much* better build of this model, check out Gomidefilho's post of his SW models.

Pix below, including some of my messy work area! NOTE that the stand is plastic stand from a Kenner toy (didn't come with the model)
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Venator-Class Star Destroyer-p1140700.jpg   Star Wars Venator-Class Star Destroyer-p1140701.jpg   Star Wars Venator-Class Star Destroyer-p1140704.jpg   Star Wars Venator-Class Star Destroyer-p1140707.jpg   Star Wars Venator-Class Star Destroyer-p1140705.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-16-2012, 05:40 PM

Nice coloring. If you dont mind I'd like to know what your using for a printer.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Sure, it's a Brother MFC 6490CW.

I got that printer because I need to print tabloid 11x17 size for work/presentations, but I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy with it. The colors are OK, not great (the photos look better than they actually do) when printing on regular paper or cardstock. Colors come out much nicer -- more vibrant and striking -- on photo paper.

I have had trouble finding 11x17 cardstock (110 lb or similar) that's affordable -- would be curious about paper sourcing and where everyone else buys their paper. I'd like to do a Star Trek bridge, but really want to increase the scale and would love to print it on 11x17 if I can get the paper.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Banned

I ordered my paper from Staples online and pick it up in the store. Save on shipping.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:09 PM

Thanks for that tip, Zathros. I'll check out staples. Was there a particular weight paper you like to get?
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2012, 05:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.68 MB
Boy, this is one fantastic looking model. Great job.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Very very nice model.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Fine looking model!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Banned

Excellent Zathros, good-boy. What did your comment have to do with the subject at hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I ordered my paper from Staples online and pick it up in the store. Save on shipping.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Banned

Awesome Dude, can you tell a bit more about the process?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhoon View Post
Next up is a Venator-Class Star Destroyer. I found this model to be more challenging than the Sandcrawler by far, which is no doubt because I foolishly attempted to build it without instructions. I would rate the model as moderately difficult for a newbie (like me) and I didn't think the design was intuitive or clear in some aspects. I got into trouble on the engines and had to improvise, so those are not correct. That's OK, though, it was a good learning experience and still looks handsome on my shelf.

If you want to see a *much* better build of this model, check out Gomidefilho's post of his SW models.

Pix below, including some of my messy work area! NOTE that the stand is plastic stand from a Kenner toy (didn't come with the model)
Google Adsense