PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
From what I read over the weekend they didn't use both magazines at the same time. It was usually one or the other.

Clif
Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 PM

I'm thinking about using Julius Perdana's Hitman - Silverballer (Colt M1911) Paper Model as a starting point and add a few things to it and see what kind of Superfirer it might make. A ramshorn clip and a round clip for in front of the trigger guard so you could use either one. I read one Doc story recently where the guys switched from one to the other. I wonder if Doc would have used standard blued metal, chrome, or bronzed looking metal? We have the Doc Savage logo on the Steranko drawing. Maybe embossed in the handle. Its time for a little kitbashing.

Clif
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
The one with Ron Ely that they made in the 70s was too much like the 1966 Batman TV show. I read a couple of years ago that the director of the first 3 Spiderman movies had bought the rights to Doc Savage, The Avenger, and the Shadow. Never heard anything else after that. I'd love to see a Doc movie set in the original time period. DC comics tried to update him to current time and I just didn't have the charm of the original story.

Clif
Well, I just saw Avengers in 3d today and if Doc ever got that kind of treatment, it would definately be owrth seeing.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM

I found another website with another version of the Superfirer.
Speculations in Bronze: The Super Machine Pistol

Clif
Old 05-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
I found another website with another version of the Superfirer.
Speculations in Bronze: The Super Machine Pistol

Clif
Nice, I got to see the picture for about two seconds and the page flipped over to one of those stupid webring pages with 40,000 links to no where?
Google Adsense
Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Not to upset anybody, but the "pistol" photograph in the Speculations in Bronze "Super Machine Pistol" shows a Czech Skorpion SMG as developed for Warsaw Pact Tank crews in the late 1950's.

The only thing done to the Skorpion SMG in the photos is that the usual foldover wire stock has been detached.
I have been interested in the Skorpion SMG for many years, which was why I recognised it so easily.

As the Skorpion is not often seen outside Eastern Europe it makes for an interesting choice upon which to base a fictional weapon. The Skorpion does fire at 750 rounds per minute on full auto, which is why each weapon was most commonly issued with 5 loaded magazines, though rumour has it those who carried them used to carry an extra 5 magazines in addition, also loaded.

However, the above details lead me to ask another small question.
Given that the Thompson SMG drum magazine seems to be in doubt as to availability in model form, what would be wrong with adapting the drum magazine of a PpSh 41 SMG?

One of those PpSh 41 models is available on the Games Weapons Paper Models website, and though I'm no expert, I'd think it might well be adaptable to the weapon that is envisaged being modelled in this thread.

Just a humbly offered suggestion.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the info Uyraell. That magazine does look like it could be used to kitbash a super firer. I'm not familiar with that website but I'll look for it.

Clif
Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Anyone have the link to that website. I did several searches and couldn't find any downloads for that weapon or that website.

Thanks
Clif
Old 05-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I've found an $8.95 download of the PPSH41 SMG, but there will be strong disapproval of this one as it's on that well known Chinese Rip Off site Alice Models.

Buy WWWII the Soviet Union PPSH41 submachine gun models Assault Rifle models automatic rifles models toygun models, WWWII the Soviet Union PPSH41 submachine gun model, WWWII the Soviet Union PPSH41 submachine gun model, [Alice papermodel]WWWII the So

However, If Alice sells it ... a legit copy must be out there somewhere ... possibly even a free one?

Johnny.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I'm pretty certain Alice ripoffSite stole the model they show from where I originally saw it.
I'm trying as I write here to relocate the original site I saw the PpSh 41 on. I was not getting into 1:1 firearms at the time, and so didn't pay much attention to site addresses, for which I now apologise, and express my regret.

From what I recall of the original site, there was an early Ak47 and an RPG7, with (from what I could discern in the Cyrllic) a Degtyarev MMG (aka RPD, iIrc) planned to be released.

Now that I know the PpSh 41 drum magazine would suit your purposes, I'll spend time tracking the original model down for you.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Google Adsense