PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi,

I'm also building an imcold Xwing..
My thread is at Zealot..

Building my own x-wing - Page 10 - Zealot Hobby Forum

And i'm starting at my guns. What did you use for support?.
I don't find anything that fits.
my guntip is the same dia as a Mc Donalds drinking straw

How did you do the tubes of the guns?

Last edited by 3Turner; 06-06-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: merge posts per request
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.68 MB
Flipping amazing work!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNALOR View Post
Hi,

I'm also building an imcold Xwing..
My thread is at Zealot..

Building my own x-wing - Page 10 - Zealot Hobby Forum

And i'm starting at my guns. What did you use for support?.
I don't find anything that fits.
my guntip is the same dia as a Mc Donalds drinking straw

How did you do the tubes of the guns?

I used paper lollipop sticks from the craft store for the front pieces they come in a couple different diameters, I printed the colored parts on regular paper and rolled it around the stick if the stick wasn't quite big enough I wrapped it with thinner strips of paper cut to the same width as the colored part to build it up to the proper size (remember to keep track of how many strips it takes so you can repeat it on the next ones) , before I wrapped the colored part around around this I took fine sandpaper and went over the seam so there would be no bump. Also I forgot to mention that I made so each section would slide slightly into the other sections, don't run the stick all the way to the end of the final part(rear section)leave about an inch, the stick from the wing section will slide into this for more support when gluing.

For the larger tube at (the part that attaches to the wing) I used a wooden dowel that was slightly smaller then the tube and wrapped card stock strips cut to the same width as the colored wrap around it until it was the proper diameter once again sanding the seam, then I put a thin layer of glue around each end then slid the dowel out and glued on the end caps, run a stick the proper size through this part make sure about an inch sticks out the front this slides into the end of the front tubes
Old 06-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Did you finish your build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slee2099 View Post
I used paper lollipop sticks from the craft store for the front pieces they come in a couple different diameters, I printed the colored parts on regular paper and rolled it around the stick if the stick wasn't quite big enough I wrapped it with thinner strips of paper cut to the same width as the colored part to build it up to the proper size (remember to keep track of how many strips it takes so you can repeat it on the next ones) , before I wrapped the colored part around around this I took fine sandpaper and went over the seam so there would be no bump. Also I forgot to mention that I made so each section would slide slightly into the other sections, don't run the stick all the way to the end of the final part(rear section)leave about an inch, the stick from the wing section will slide into this for more support when gluing.

For the larger tube at (the part that attaches to the wing) I used a wooden dowel that was slightly smaller then the tube and wrapped card stock strips cut to the same width as the colored wrap around it until it was the proper diameter once again sanding the seam, then I put a thin layer of glue around each end then slid the dowel out and glued on the end caps, run a stick the proper size through this part make sure about an inch sticks out the front this slides into the end of the front tubes
Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.47 MB
Not yet I had some personal issues that had to be worked out, right now I'm working on designing my own model of the Ingall's house from Little House on the Prairie. Even that got put on hold for a while but I'm back at again.
Google Adsense