PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 06-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I'll put it to you this way.... When I started work on the 1/350th TOS Enterprise, it was strictly because I wanted one at that size and got sick of others talking about it and not doing it. When I started working on the whole CG and Carmodeling thing, it was just for me, it was a challenge to learn this and learn to do it right and I'm still learning. Having said that, anyone who knows me, knows that I like to help others and I enjoy teaching, I do what I can to bring something new and different to the community, because it's my nature to do so. I like to take things to the next level. I often ask for input and advice, because I want to know what others think. I'm not the least bit offened by constructive criticism, or advice, or guidance. What really irritates me is what the posers do to others and not just me. I hate bullies and keyboard commandoes who do nothing, but try to stifle other people and rip on their work. I've seen people that don't have as strong a personality as I did get totally discouraged by these clowns and give up and I really hate to see someone, anyone with talent and skill get run out of a commuity by jack offs. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. the kind of crap that some of these people pull is just wrong. So, yeah it's for me, but it's also for all of those that enjoy putting these things together and enjoy the process. It's one way to give joy to someone that at some point may really need something to put their hands to and to occupy their minds and restore some sense of confidence, or a feeling of completion, or therapy for that matter. I used to volunteer at the local VA Hospital and help my fellow Veterans do this very thing. I helped out in Rec Therapy. I would help the guys build models and work out and do any number of things to help them work through their personal issues. Everyone needs a positive distraction some time and again, I despise those that would rather tear down than build up.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers7 View Post
I would be ready: Wulf111's Negh-Var is coming to an end and I would like to implement some edge coloring techniques (hint from d-whale).
So just say "Engage..." and drop me a pm if you like
Yeah, drop me a PM and I'll get a pdf of the first five sheets together.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers7 View Post
I would be ready: Wulf111's Negh-Var is coming to an end and I would like to implement some edge coloring techniques (hint from d-whale).
So just say "Engage..." and drop me a pm if you like
Sorry for the delay on this. I'm going to get right on it, got side tracked by RL issues.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:03 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
No worries!

Your work is worth the wait, I have learned!

The DC
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
No worries!

Your work is worth the wait, I have learned!

The DC
Awww shucks, you're embarrasskin me...
Google Adsense
Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Banned

FYI, I've got the first five sheets of the Sovereign ready to go for the guys that volunteered to be alpha builders and they are going out today, can't wait to see what they come up with. BTW, the first person that says this ship is unbuildable.... I'm going to embarass you and show that it can be built. LOL!

Keep on Trekkin!-/\-
Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Banned

I got another console together today and printed up a couple of additional
sheets, I also printed up a new part for the one that got water damaged.
I'll be starting on the bulkheads next and plotting out the base. I've made some changes to the model as well.... Oh yeah, I printed up the first four pages of the 1/350th Nova Class as well.
Attached Thumbnails
TNG era Card Models.-akira-bridge-build-9.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-akira-bridge-build-10.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-akira-bridge-build-11.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-akira-bridge-build-12.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-akira-bridge-build-13.jpg  

Old 06-30-2012, 11:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
i cant wait for this bridge to be done
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchale View Post
I can't wait to get it done for you and move onto the styrene version.
I think I'm just going to send this model to you when it's done.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchale View Post
BTW, I started plotting out the floorplan and deck construction as well, see below.
Attached Thumbnails
TNG era Card Models.-screenhunter_12-jun.-29-12.15.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-screenhunter_13-jun.-29-12.15.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-screenhunter_14-jun.-29-12.15.jpg  
Google Adsense