PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchale View Post
Awesome job on that type eleven how's the Akira bridge coming
Thanks. The Akira Bridge is the very next thing to actually be built, so that I have directions so you can build it.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Banned

I just couldn't resist.... I was playing around last night and came up with a cool looking card model from BC Files. I always have liked the look of the Enterprise-C and I think this thing looks awesome. I'll probably release this when I release the Nebula Ver 2.0 and a couple of others. I'm sending out more printing this weekend and can't wait to get some more builds uder way.
Attached Thumbnails
TNG era Card Models.-screenhunter_60-apr.-07-07.15.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-screenhunter_61-apr.-07-07.15.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-screenhunter_62-apr.-07-07.15.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-screenhunter_63-apr.-07-07.16.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
You know Neptune, I don't often "go after" SciFi ships.
I don't regard myself as (as yet) having the skills needed to successfully complete a build that would sufficiently bypass or mask my own failings therein.

However: from time to time a really fine design "grabs my eye" and I become really keen to "have a go" at building that particular model.

Many of your designs fall into that category with great frequency.

This is one design I'd most certainly be keen to try to build, even knowing I'd have to make a few attempts to get it right, and overcome my own lack of skills.

Congratulations on a beautiful design Neptune, I'm looking forward to it.

Kind and Respectful Regards Neptune, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.15 GB
Neptune, seeing this design my only thought is: Please do not resist and go on playing.
I am really looking forward to these!!! The BC seems to be a good base for those modifications (your pics proove this). Myself I never overcame the challenge of how to convert the BC filefile format into pepakura. Obviously you successfully have found a way.

As mentioned: please go on!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
You know Neptune, I don't often "go after" SciFi ships.
I don't regard myself as (as yet) having the skills needed to successfully complete a build that would sufficiently bypass or mask my own failings therein.

However: from time to time a really fine design "grabs my eye" and I become really keen to "have a go" at building that particular model.

Many of your designs fall into that category with great frequency.

This is one design I'd most certainly be keen to try to build, even knowing I'd have to make a few attempts to get it right, and overcome my own lack of skills.

Congratulations on a beautiful design Neptune, I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, I didn't design this, I just ripped it, textured it and all I have left is the unfolding portion. Thanks for the sentiments though.
Google Adsense
Old 04-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers7 View Post
Neptune, seeing this design my only thought is: Please do not resist and go on playing.
I am really looking forward to these!!! The BC seems to be a good base for those modifications (your pics proove this). Myself I never overcame the challenge of how to convert the BC filefile format into pepakura. Obviously you successfully have found a way.

As mentioned: please go on!
OK, not a problem. I've got some time today, while waiting on the family to show up for Easter, so I might try and get some progress done on the existing models in que, to have time to get this finished.

Here's a quick conversion tutorial for you.

1) the .nif files in the BC game are easily exported out of Nifskope as .obj files.....

2) If you place the exported .obj file into the file with the textures, you can open the .obj file with Metaseqouia (sp?) as long as the .mtl file for the materials is also in the same file as the textures.

3) Open the .mqo file with Pepakura and unfold, scale and export to .pdf.

If anyone is interested in a complete, step by step, tutorial please let me know. It took me years of playing around a little bit at a time, to be able to do all of the file conversions, the texture conversions and to justify the textures correctly, the scale the models to my needs and so on. I am willing to share that information here. Keep on Trekkin! =/\=
Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I Apologise that I'd not understood the ship wasn't your design, Neptune.
I certainly meant no offense to your design skills, or those ships you have designed.

The kind of skills you spoke of in converting file formats and such are abilities I'm only beginning to realise how vast my ignorance of such topics actually is.
And those are quite apart from the other programs that need be learnt.

As to the sentiment, well you are truly welcome: the multitude of skills you bring to our hobby and the fine works you achieve with them are both an education and a delight to a newcomer such as myself.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
I Apologise that I'd not understood the ship wasn't your design, Neptune.
I certainly meant no offense to your design skills, or those ships you have designed.

The kind of skills you spoke of in converting file formats and such are abilities I'm only beginning to realise how vast my ignorance of such topics actually is.
And those are quite apart from the other programs that need be learnt.

As to the sentiment, well you are truly welcome: the multitude of skills you bring to our hobby and the fine works you achieve with them are both an education and a delight to a newcomer such as myself.

No offense taken what so ever. I had a friend send me a valid copy of lightwave after he upgraded and it was only after going through several tutorials in LW and after playing with DAZ Studios 3 and after much tinkering and playing that I finally developed what skills I have. After having asked multiple questions of several friends and after asking questions on boards and from other modelers and getting no where, but confounded, I determined to figure out my own way of doing this, which is probably second nature to some. Therefore, I have no problem helping people out that are going through the same kinds of frustrations that I went through. I should probably sit down and put together a tutorial. Considering the vast number of files types and image types and the various idiosyncracies amongst them, it could turn out to be quite lengthy and may end up serving to confuse some even more than they are.... I've thought about this at great length and may yet give it a shot.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
that looks great!
i wonder what a i.s.s. version would have!
jim
Old 04-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
that looks great!
i wonder what a i.s.s. version would have!
jim
That's an interesting question. I'm sure I could come up with some wicked looking, orignal graphics.
Google Adsense