PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
So you want to build a SuperNova

Another Mektek creation close to release. The model is close to its last stage of beta building.

I took some extra time with this and created an optional cockpit.

Hopefully we will see some more of these beauties in the field soon. Once I release the paper model plans I will update this topic.

I am posting some built pics, the beta build is done by andersonmr34.

Guns / Arms

Cockpit

Torso

Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 AM

SuperNova in the field

[img]http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/files/img_0905_120.jpg/img]
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
great model i look forward to building it along with the others you have made available. just a little note it looks like the registry numbers on the outside of the right arm need flipped.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:08 AM

I did not notice the text, guess it happened when I copied the one arm to the other side. I will fix it before release Thanks.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Say Blaar, did you ever do anything with that APE suit I sent you?
Google Adsense
Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 PM

Very nice.
What happened with the guns?
I'll email you a generic gun barrel front, you can try it as a decal using thin paper.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Say Blaar, did you ever do anything with that APE suit I sent you?
To be honest I started working on it. Then I lost interest in paper modeling all together and got stuck in World of Warcraft.

Then after 3 months of 24/7 World of Warcraft I got bored finding it to repetitive grinding for Justice points etc etc.

So I got back to paper modeling after the Super Nova was requested over at mech3.org.

I will finish the suit sooner or later.

Sorry for now getting back to you on that.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex34 View Post
Very nice.
What happened with the guns?
I'll email you a generic gun barrel front, you can try it as a decal using thin paper.
I was wondering what was wrong with the barrels. I could not figure out till you mentioned the front.

The problem is the base texture which is pretty dark. I did not think that it would make such a huge difference once printed since it seemed "ok" when looking at it on screen. Suppose my screen's brightness is not matched to what is printed.

I could select that part of the texture and turn up the brightness a bit, but I think the barrels you sent me will look so much better.

I will update the TGA's so that it looks better.

Thanks for the input and once again I appreciate all your help.

I attached the base texture with a white camo so you can see what the barrel tips look like on the texture. As you can see it is pretty dark and fuzzy. I suspect it is due to the fact that it is only 512x512 texture. I did contact the original mektek artist who created the texture hoping he still has the high res texture but it seems he lost it due to HDD crashes etc over the years which is a petty since the model uses 3 textures, and if those textures could be found, it would look even better.
Attached Thumbnails
So you want to build a SuperNova-sprnva.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 02:46 AM

I tried to make the numbering work for both arms but it would seem that I would need to make a separate texture for the other arm. I think it will get too confusing when printing to know what texture must be applied and then figure out which parts you want to print. The only other way is to remap the whole arm again, then export to pepa and import the updated model. Then hopefully I don't need to redo the whole unfold again.

Way to many work for me.

So for those who the numbering might be an issue, I did a quick edit of the TGA removing the numbering so that the arm is blank.

As per usual I am releasing the TGA's with the model, so for those who want to change/edit the original texture for there own needs can do so.

I also added the barrel front end to the edited blank arm texture and will include it with the release.
Attached Thumbnails
So you want to build a SuperNova-capture.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM

You could horizontally flip just the numbering on the texture, and then apply the new texture to just the part needed, save just that part, unfold it and then import it into your main pepakura file.
Only problem with that is you get a spare part, but you could even hide that by adding a blank white image and bringing it to the front, to cover the spare part. It's what I do, but I break the spare parts up before hiding them so it's a smaller area.