Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
wow that will be a big model i think it fit my star trek action figures
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchale View Post
wow that will be a big model i think it fit my star trek action figures
It is going to be big, I sippose the next one will be bigger. I've been working on the Nova bridge as well as a few others. I just converted and textured a couple of new ones tonight. One is Klingon and one is Romulan.
I have to get caught up with other projects forst, but they are on the list....
Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
Very COOL! Can't wait! I would love to build several bridge sets for action figure display too. I like the idea of building one up in styrene as well. I build a lot using foamcore and it does well for displaying collections of figures.

Clif
Old 06-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
When you are done. I would like to have that Sovereign class. Enterprise E if it will be alright with you.

The PDF File so I could build it that is
A note on the Sov and essentially all of the other models I've made and that are in process. I had a friend tell me that some of the folks here thought I was a poser....????
I find that absolutely stunning since I've been showing my own work for since 2000. I've shown my own artwork, my own modeling skills and within the last year, or two, I've shown my own CG, Card model, Brass Etch, Electronics, and so on. I will continue to show my work on any forum that will have me. When it comes to CG and texturing etc, I'm self taught, so there are things that I don't know, but I always play to my strengths and work on those things that I'm weak on and attempt to develope thos skills. I've said before that just because some clown is a no talent hack and can't figure out how to do something that doesn't mean that no one else can do it. Unfortunately, there are some no talent hacks that have positions with administrative power within the community, because they are bootlickers and sychophants and for no other reason. I'm using the Sov to show some proof of who did what on this and I'll tell you exactly what I did to get this model where it's at.

1) I researched and looked for the best looking low poly model to convert to a card model.

2) I converted the found model to a usable format.

3) I converted the textures to a format that was friendly to Meta and Pep.

4) I retextured the model with the existing textures and, or textured the model with different textures using the original UV map.

5) I imported the model into Met, made the neccesary changes then imported into Pep, justified the positing of the model and unwrapped.

6) After unwrapping the model, I sized it to suit Me.

7) I organized the unfold into what I percieved as a logical assembly method.

8) Finally I exported the file in a usable format and cardstock size.

If you look at the photos below, you can see the original model as viewed in NifSkope, the same model in Lightwave 9.6 and again in Bryce 7.0. Additionally, you can see the textures from Foundation imaging. These are the textures that I'm currently modifing to wrap around the card model. You can also see the enemy ship that is in production.

I would hope that some folks here that are on other forums would take these pictures and show them to the real posers, you know the ones that talk a good game, but that have no talent for anything other than stirring up crap for others.

I just had a friend that got run off of another forum, due to these clowns and I think it's sickening that the idiots, more often than not are running the freakin asylum.

Anyway, tell me what you think and keep on Trekkin! -/\-

Note: There are more photos to show, but due to the restrictions of this site, I will have to reduce the size and modify the format.
Attached Thumbnails
TNG era Card Models.-sov-1.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-2.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-3.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-4.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sov-5.jpg  

TNG era Card Models.-sov-8.jpg  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Banned

Here are the other pics I spoke of.... and more. When I get the textures totally done on this, if it's printed and built properly, I would bet that it would fool some of the resin guys. I've got a little trick I'm working on that I'm going to share with you folks.... Stay tuned.

If the ship looks this good with the original textures, imagine what it's going to look like with the Foundation Imaging textures, straight from the model that was used in Nemesis. BWAHAHAHAHA! =/\=

Note, the first photo is the original texture.
Attached Thumbnails
TNG era Card Models.-sov-7.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sovereign2a.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sovereign2b.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sovereign2c.jpg   TNG era Card Models.-sovereign2d.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-20-2012, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.15 GB
Does your "-E" look great?....YES, it positively does! Also impressive are the pictures showing the texture differences. Let us know when you need some testpilots, ah -builders.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned

If you are ready to start, I can have the first 5, or 6 pages ready to go in a day, or two. I've been doing builds in sections lately and it's paid off, I can catch any of the little niggling things that may have been missed, or that might need addressed, before full release to the public. Anyone that helps me out will get the complete model, before anyone else.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
I would volunteer, but I'm chin-deep in little vintage-style cars, right now...
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.15 GB
I would be ready: Wulf111's Negh-Var is coming to an end and I would like to implement some edge coloring techniques (hint from d-whale).
So just say "Engage..." and drop me a pm if you like
Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 481.4 KB
@Neptune- Here's the thing- Don't worry about what anyone else says. Poser or otherwise. Who are you doing this for? Who are you trying to impress?

If you are doing all this work for the adulation of others- especially if you expect adulation and applause form everyone- it's going to be a long wait. Do it because it makes YOU happy. Even when you are doing something for someone else, do it because their joy at building your model makes YOU happy.

And those that think you are a poser? F&#k em. Who cares what they think of you anyways.

Keep up the good work.
Google Adsense