PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjev View Post
OFF TRACK, but what's the URL to Mechwarrior Online?
You do know there is also going to be a "Mech Commander" type of game coming out this year too. Like the MechWarrior Online game, it is going to be a free to play online game, except it is going to be a turn based multiplayer strategy game.

Check out :

MechWarrior Tactics

2012 is the year of the MECH !!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.91 MB
As cool as this model is, I am curious; does anyone know if there was a kit of the original Dougram-inspired Thunderbolt?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 534.62 MB
Yes,mostly by Takara in various scales with a re-pop by Revell in two scales in their "Robotech" line.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
You do know there is also going to be a "Mech Commander" type of game coming out this year too. Like the MechWarrior Online game, it is going to be a free to play online game, except it is going to be a turn based multiplayer strategy game.

Check out :

MechWarrior Tactics

2012 is the year of the MECH !!!!!!!!!
This I did NOT know! Thanks for the link, Blaar! I love RTS games.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Yeah, I was also very happy, I suck at FPS games, well not that I am any good at RTS games, but at least with my poor eye site I have chance if this is going to be a Turned Based RTS game, at least I will be able to spot the enemy ....... lol

Maybe I will see you on the BattleField Would be cool to form a Mercenary Unit.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaar View Post
Yeah, I was also very happy, I suck at FPS games, well not that I am any good at RTS games, but at least with my poor eye site I have chance if this is going to be a Turned Based RTS game, at least I will be able to spot the enemy ....... lo
I also suck at FPS games, mainly because I always feel like I have no peripheral vision, no sense of what's behind me.

As for RTS games, I LOVE 'em! The key to any of them, Age of Empires, Starcraft, Stronghold, is to get a good economy going first. Interestingly enough, I've tried applying that tactic to real life, and it seems to work fairly well. Of course the main difference is that in RTS games, you can't borrow money, so you have to save up to do things. Maybe the US government ought to try that....

Getting off soap box now.

"Truth simply is. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant."
Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice work BLaar!!! Now knowing how to do alphas is a big help. I still have a tutorial to write and a few mechs to unfold. Now that I'm done with my son's birthday decorations it's back to making mechs. I want Zeck's Vulture and the mektek Urban on my desk now...
Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 488.96 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjev View Post
I also suck at FPS games, mainly because I always feel like I have no peripheral vision, no sense of what's behind me.

As for RTS games, I LOVE 'em! The key to any of them, Age of Empires, Starcraft, Stronghold, is to get a good economy going first. Interestingly enough, I've tried applying that tactic to real life, and it seems to work fairly well. Of course the main difference is that in RTS games, you can't borrow money, so you have to save up to do things. Maybe the US government ought to try that....

Getting off soap box now.
That made me chuckle.