PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
My compliments.

I have to admit, I was never a very big fan of this ship, as I'd always felt that it suffered from RGA, as many Trek ships did by this time in the franchize [Random Greebles Affliction], but your work up is excellent and really brings out the threat in the design. It has a meaner look in your build photos than the one used on screen.

Very impressed!

The DC
Old 08-11-2012, 05:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.15 GB
Funny ...these were my thoughts exactly: I was never a fan to this studio design. It looked too say... blocky... unlike the federation type sleek ships with flowing lines.
However looking at the model in detail (thanks to Wulf111), it offers much room for detailing (much more than I did) and many interesting perspectives when you look at it.

In this way it is more than just an interesting alternative to the federation ships.

And: many thanks for the compliments
Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
Ship now available in the downloads section for all.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/d...o=file&id=1543
Old 08-27-2012, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.28 MB
Hi Wulf111!

I dont know, how can i say it but i try it and i hope you accept my opinion!

first up: thanks for your work on this model! whatever it is, but it is not a Negh´var or a Voodieh! it looks like but isn´t!
As you can see here on the original model

ST-Bilder - Galerie - Kategorie: Negvar - Bild: Negvar

the wings are not completely straight and the nacelles are not vertical!

in the last few years i saw only one correct version of a 3d model of this but sorry, this is it not!

Greetings
Marko
Old 08-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Nitpickers and rivet counters....??? Thanks Wulf for taking your time to do this. Here's my experience from more than eight years in the US Navy.

!) Modern day miltary wessles go through many changes from one ship to the next.

2) Modern day military wessles are upgraded and "Refit" as time allows and as things are scheduled for their duty cycle.

3) Virtually no two ships even of the same class and made in the shipyards at virtually the same time are, in fact the same Period! and that's a fact!

4) Even superior fighting aircraft are different one from the other and the jet fighter may go through this change process from the first flight until it is decommisioned. Case in point; The F-14 Tomcat. This is one of the most elite and long lived of all of the US military fighting aircraft, by the time they were decommisioned, the only thing that was the same was the air frame.

Slavish adherance to an ideal of a fictional craft is insanity for those that have any experience with real world scenarios, so as far as I'm concerned, your work is as canon and accurate as the fist one seen in any Trek show.

Bringing real world facts into theoretical fantasy is job one with me. BIG GRIN!
Google Adsense
Old 08-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
well i see both sidesof this issue and like them both, and yes thank you for all your hard work on this, i have followed it the whole way.
always liked this ship.
besides, wasnt this in alternate universes and stuff? somethings might have changed in the passage.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-WHALE View Post
Hi Wulf111!

I dont know, how can i say it but i try it and i hope you accept my opinion!

first up: thanks for your work on this model! whatever it is, but it is not a Negh´var or a Voodieh! it looks like but isn´t!
As you can see here on the original model

ST-Bilder - Galerie - Kategorie: Negvar - Bild: Negvar

the wings are not completely straight and the nacelles are not vertical!

in the last few years i saw only one correct version of a 3d model of this but sorry, this is it not!

Greetings
Marko

marko, i can accept you opinion i will be first to say that this is not a totally 100% accurate version of the ship, i designed it that way to make it a little easier to build. i wasn't going for accurate i was going for a good representation of the ship that could be built by someone with out to much trouble and have a very nice ship in the end. if you want to create a better more accurate version go right ahead no one is stopping you and i will do everything i can to help you out. peace out bro.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.15 GB
Also from my side: a big "thank you", Wulf111+.
Frankly speaking I was thinking that model couldn't be improved, but...you did it!!
The parts layout etc. is now even more optimized and the build should be now even more easier than before!
Also the model is very true to detail (I compared it to the blue-prints). Wether you compare it to studio models or blueprints is a matter of taste, I guess.

Again: you have my deepest respect for designing this!!!
My cheers with bloodwine, kapla (or however this is spelled)
Old 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 51.85 MB
Send a message via AIM to ThunderChild Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderChild
Wonderful gift, thank you Wulf!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 PM

for those who build this please drop a picture or two in this thread. i would love to see how they turn out.
Google Adsense