PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-09-2013, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
1:270 Starfighters

Alright. I'm not quite ready to call this a return from my sabbatical, but I was absolutely possessed with the idea for designing and these and so could not resist.

After finally setting up my worktable again, after a long spring and summer without, I laid out my Fantasy Flight X-Wing game and figures and was struck at how well that scale could be turned into the paper medium.

Thus, these models were born. The first three are iterative designs, sharing a lot of elements in common. To be fair, the first two are already released models. I'll say this more than once. These are not alternatives to the gaming figures. If you like tabletop games, if you like starfighters, buy it, buy the fighter packs. This is the single best tabletop game I've played. The figures are expertly designed, very well painted and cheap. Fantasy Flight is no Games Workshop. Support them.

That said. I like models. I am a sucker for things built to scale with each other, and I want a damned fleet of these little things, something my budget will not allow. So in the interests of display, diorama, wrecked fighter markers and interesting design options (like the TIE Ugly). I made these.

The TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor are built, tested and uploaded to my site. The Defender is just awaiting completion of the prototype, although I have zero doubt it will work (I just want to build the first ones).

I plan to design a Z95 (old school) next, and maybe an X-Wing and B-Wing after that (I know, not the B-Wing everyone is looking for).

Enjoy,
Sean
Old 09-09-2013, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Nicely done, sir.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very well done Sean.

It is difficult to tell which is the game model and which is the cardstock model outside of the stand.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
very cool! im anxious to see more
Old 09-13-2013, 08:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Thought I hadn't see you around for awhile. Welcome back, cool looking little models.
Google Adsense
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 PM

It feels good to make models again. I can't say how long this will last, as the allure of gaming is quite strong at times, but here is the third in the series, the TIE Defender.

If you are unfamiliar with the design it is from the X-Wing series of games by the now defunct Lucasarts. It was largely considered overpowered as it had the speed of a TIE Fighter and possessed shields as well as 6 laser cannons (and a hyper-drive if I recall). This build is a touch more challenging than the other two as the laminate details are thinner and require more care.

As this is not in the game yet, I'll not repeat the caveats above, but it should be a great addition to your shelves. I intend to tackle the X-Wing next, as it has better pictures for modeling, and will nicely lead into the Z95 design. I will however texture it in Corran Horns' CorSec blues, rather than the typical Rogue Squadron markings.

It is up on my site, TCF Gaming :: Home .

Enjoy,
Sean
Old 09-15-2013, 02:22 AM

That's a nice collection
Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 AM

it seems your side is hacked my friend
Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 22.02 MB
Nice work. Sorry some jerk decided to hack your site. I'm glad I downloaded the TIE Defender last night when I first saw the thread...
Old 09-15-2013, 11:51 AM

I just saw; I am so angry right now I just want to pull my crap for good. This is the third time in the last year or so. I cannot believe how irresponsible and disrespectful people can be.