PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Any build threads for uhu02's Aries 1B?

I've done a quick search of the Tubes of the Internets and come up empty-handed, so I'm wondering if anyone out there is aware of any build threads anywhere for uhu02's Aries 1B.

I've seen the build photos on his page (but I can't read his instructions since they're in Japanese) but I was wondering if anyone else has tackled this model and documented it.
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
ithought uhu had a build thread right there on his site?
Old 02-21-2012, 04:19 PM

I've seen uhu02's build photos, but since his description/instructions are in Japanese, I'm wondering what I might be missing. I'm just wondering if anyone else has built the model and documented it.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Haven't seen any build threads but I always print his build to PDF after letting Google Translate run over it - not a perfect translation but normally enough to pick up on any potential issues
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Second on Google Translate. It's imperfect, but you should be able to understand what he's talking about (most of the time). If you are unclear, I know someone who speaks Japanese who would be willing to clear up any misunderstandings.
Google Adsense
Old 02-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I've got it printed, haven't built it... Haven't seen any builds, though I do suspect that someone has taken from his models, just like the Space Pod and the Moonbus, but what do I know, I'm not an insider, I'm an outsider.... Well.. except in the actual community. LOL!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Translation

I use the Bing translator. Not perfect, but better than nothing when I view his website building views.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 AM

So just how would I run that stuff through a translator?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
It's fairly easy. Go to Uhu's photo instructions page, copy the site address from the address bar. Go to Google.com homepage. At the top of the page click on "More..." and you will see "translate" among the options. Once on the translate page, click in the left pane and paste the address you copied. Select the from and to languages, Japanese and English, and click on "Translate." The URL should appear in the right pane. Click on the url in that pane and it will take you back to Uhu's page, but translated this time. Jumps to subsequent pages from there should automatically be translated. Good luck!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyTedly View Post
It's fairly easy. Go to Uhu's photo instructions page, copy the site address from the address bar. Go to Google.com homepage. At the top of the page click on "More..." and you will see "translate" among the options. Once on the translate page, click in the left pane and paste the address you copied. Select the from and to languages, Japanese and English, and click on "Translate." The URL should appear in the right pane. Click on the url in that pane and it will take you back to Uhu's page, but translated this time. Jumps to subsequent pages from there should automatically be translated. Good luck!
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Google Adsense