PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 03-10-2012, 12:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Amber's space carrier concept model

Our oldest kid and only girl Amber has been busy lately with her art work. She has a number of her paintings in a local gallery now and has even managed to do a little modeling. Tonight she brought me some of her space craft drawings, real fantasy type stuff. I never knew she was interested in such things, turns out she loves steam punk stuff too. Anyhow, I showed her what could be done in google sketch up, and now she is excited about a possible model. So, here we go. Not my normal stuff but it has given me and my girl time to get to know each other. We have had a hit and miss relationship from the time she moved in with us (she had been living with her "real" dad) to now. She is 20 now and we both have been making a bit of an effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Amber's space carrier concept model-ambers.jpg   Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile1.jpg   Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile2.jpg   Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile3.jpg   Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile4.jpg  

Old 03-10-2012, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I like it. I've been trying to think up my own series of space ships to include in a story I want to write.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Ditto on liking it!!
Hope she follows through on more updates. And anything related to "steampunk" I'm a fan of..
Old 03-10-2012, 11:21 AM

My wife and I have been together for 9 years this coming July and Amber has lived with us for the past six years. I am so pleased that her and are are finally getting to know each other a little better. I never knew that she likes Steam punk stuff or drew space/fantasy stuff. I am quite pleased for the opportunity to open doors with her.

I got the "lower bay" done on her ship and I am moving on. The thing supposed to be 1000 feet in length so I have not decided on a scale yet. I am a bit out of my realm here.

Onward!

CT
Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Think of it as a spacebound ironclad.
Google Adsense
Old 03-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Your not far off on that Aaron! When I made those ww1 armored vehicles that is actually how I approached it, wheels instead of keels!

CT
Old 03-10-2012, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
Our oldest kid and only girl Amber has been busy lately with her art work. She has a number of her paintings in a local gallery now and has even managed to do a little modeling. Tonight she brought me some of her space craft drawings, real fantasy type stuff. I never knew she was interested in such things, turns out she loves steam punk stuff too. Anyhow, I showed her what could be done in google sketch up, and now she is excited about a possible model. So, here we go. Not my normal stuff but it has given me and my girl time to get to know each other. We have had a hit and miss relationship from the time she moved in with us (she had been living with her "real" dad) to now. She is 20 now and we both have been making a bit of an effort.
Wow, what luck!

My daughter lived with me as a single parent (10-y/o thru 16). When I moved to Anchorage she moved in with her mother to finish High School here in Kenai (way better schools than Anchorage), she used to visit every once in awhile. When she did we built models together (FG aircraft cd/ Twin towers, light houses, shark, and others).

We would turn the TV off & phones, she would bring her favorite music, mix it in with some of mine and we would build and talk. She just turned 27. Someday she wants build another model with me, but married and busy, she hasn't found the time.

Those were great moments and we talk about them all the time.

I still have one of the light houses we worked on! It has a very special place in my heart as well as a display area!

Glad to hear you're getting a chance to enjoy this hobby together!

I'm happy for the both of you!

Looking forward to the final build and seeing some of her designs.!
Mike
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
You guys with the modeling offspring are truly blessed.

That carrier is awesome! For some reason I see it in the Terran Trade Authority universe though, with red, yellow, black, and white markings.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Well,with Amber giving me details on the image she has floating around in her head, the Ambermobile nears completion. I still have not decided on a scale, if any. It may depend on how much detail I want to keep compared to how many pages of card I want to be used. Here are some shots of the parts. The tinted blue "glass" is the nose of the thing, reminding one of ww2 era bombers but the glass is about 100 ft tall! The thing should go together with out internal formers, something like FG plane models. The thing with huge garage doors is the lower bay for launching and retrieving small craft. Amber likes this over all design because it looks like a whale. She also wants me to do some of her zeppelins she has been drawing.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile-post1.jpg   Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile-post2.jpg   Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile-post3.jpg   Amber's space carrier concept model-amberrmobile-post4.jpg  
Old 03-11-2012, 02:53 PM

She will need a test builder! Any takers?
CT