PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
These are the sort of comics-colours I am thinking of.
So, about a foot long with the comic color scheme.... OK. I'm sure I can come up with several on my own.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 214.95 MB
Diderick,
Since Neptune seemed to be busy with work related obligations, I thought I would give your rocket a try. I think I came close to the proportions and graphics of the original toy, although for aesthetic reasons I omitted the gradient in the blue part of the rocket. The model is only about 8 3/4" (22cm) tall but could be scaled up.

Bill Kastenmeier
Attached Thumbnails
Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-jupiter-d-119.jpg  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Hello Astroboy,
I am sitting here open mouthed! Your result looks perfect - but is the body angular rather than completely round? I would appreciate the files so I can build a copy myself. Thanks so far, both for picking up my suggestion and working on it so fast!

This is now really turning into a sort of competition: Alcyon is also working on this model and improving his skills. We are in regular direct contact, but as soon as we have a prototype build we'll post a picture.

Any more contributions out there? But why not choose different colour scheme - 'tin toy space ships' or 'tin toy rockets' on Google Images will give you plenty ideas.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
Diderick,
Since Neptune seemed to be busy with work related obligations, I thought I would give your rocket a try. I think I came close to the proportions and graphics of the original toy, although for aesthetic reasons I omitted the gradient in the blue part of the rocket. The model is only about 8 3/4" (22cm) tall but could be scaled up.

Bill Kastenmeier
Hmmmnnnn???? I just chimed in here a couple of days ago.... Yeah, I have other obligations, but I have been working on this. LOL! Yeah, can't wait to see what others come up with as well. I think from now on when I commit to something I'll make sure to keep it to myself.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hello Astroboy,
I am sitting here open mouthed! Your result looks perfect - but is the body angular rather than completely round? I would appreciate the files so I can build a copy myself. Thanks so far, both for picking up my suggestion and working on it so fast!

This is now really turning into a sort of competition: Alcyon is also working on this model and improving his skills. We are in regular direct contact, but as soon as we have a prototype build we'll post a picture.

Any more contributions out there? But why not choose different colour scheme - 'tin toy space ships' or 'tin toy rockets' on Google Images will give you plenty ideas.
I see you have other people working on this.... I'll keep at it on my end, but I didn't start on this for any form of competition, I've got to much on my plate for that type of thing right now. I'll finish the one I'm working on it and send it to you.
Google Adsense
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Hello Neptune,
please don't take my phrase 'competition' seriously. It crept in because now already 3 people are working on this idea - each of them because they are enjoying themselves. No time pressure, no competition! What happened is that all three of you picked up my suggestion independently. I am hoping for seriously different colour schemes, which Early SF enthusiasts will love to add to their collections!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
astoboy!
that is a great model!!!
im sure dedrick appreciates your efforts, i know that i am amazed, because it really looks like the tin model.
by the way astroboy the animated movie made me cry. whatta softy eh? my girlfriend
[2 of them since it came out] also cried about astroboy and his problems.
lol!!!!
i think its a great movie and im glad that donald sutherland finally played the villian i always knew he was deep inside lol! i think the most touching part is when astrboy's creatorfather says that he proved that he deserved to be called human.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hello Neptune,
please don't take my phrase 'competition' seriously. It crept in because now already 3 people are working on this idea - each of them because they are enjoying themselves. No time pressure, no competition! What happened is that all three of you picked up my suggestion independently. I am hoping for seriously different colour schemes, which Early SF enthusiasts will love to add to their collections!
No problem, please done mistake my comments.... Here's where I'm at, hope this looks good to you so far. I found several others that might be cool as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_01-apr.-15-15.25.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_02-apr.-15-15.26.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_03-apr.-15-15.27.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_06-apr.-15-15.35.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_07-apr.-15-15.40.jpg  

Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_08-apr.-15-15.41.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_09-apr.-15-15.43.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_13-apr.-15-15.44.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_14-apr.-15-15.46.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_15-apr.-15-15.47.jpg  

Old 04-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
woah!
i totally like that rocket car one second to the last bottom right!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Ok , I don't know who is "Alcyon" but I'm Alcides

I working in a model too, this is the one who Diderick has a copy, just for you see the general idea a screen of design:

Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-rocket.jpg

I'm using a traditional approach with circular sections and bulkheads.

Astroboy great work. I think your are using a design like a "Zeppelin" in your design. I very impressed for the graphic work. Could you comment a bit? What software are you using? Very interesting my model is 21,7 cm long very near of your model.

Neptune your design looks very good. I think is very hard to work in metasequoia + pepakura. You collected some very good references, a couple of retro rockets looks great.

spaceagent-9 That isn't a rocket car is the Dr.'s Zarkov ship from Flash Gordon movies, here:

Dr. Zarkov's Rocket by Herb Deeks

Regards/Saludos
Luis Alcides