PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-16-2012, 12:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 214.95 MB
Thank you, Diderick, spaceagent-9, and Alcides, for your kind words.

Diderick,
May I send the files to your Zeist Bouwplaten address?

spaceagent-9,
I have loved everything Astroboy related since I was a small child in the 1960's. I really enjoyed the movie.

Alcides,
Yes, my model is divided longitudinally, like a Zeppelin. I use a vector drawing program called Xara Designer Pro (Graphics Software by Xara).
Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Sorry, Alcides, for my mistake with your name. Am working on the version you sent me a few days ago.
Neptune, you make choosing extremely difficult - why not do them all...? But the two bottom left and the one bottom right are intriguing! Perhaps better to leave the Zarkov / Flash Gordon rocket alone (unless you particularly want to do it, of course): there is already a reasonable Delta7 version. Not excellent: I believe in careful construction, and just one bulkhead / former in a 30 cm model with almost 15 sections is a bit meagre. I had to measure and design them myself.

Last edited by Diderick A. den Bakker; 04-16-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
I forgot to attacht the Delta7 Flash Gordon model. I have seen the old movies, which are in black and white, so the ship is grey... The designer has added a little weatherin, but hardly enough to be visible. Room for improvement there.
Attached Thumbnails
Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-flashgordon.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Sorry, Alcides, for my mistake with your name. Am working on the version you sent me a few days ago.
Please Diderick don't worry, It was just a little joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker;286620Perhaps better to leave the Zarkov / Flash Gordon rocket alone (unless you particularly want to do it, of course): there is already a reasonable Delta7 version. Not excellent: I believe in careful construction, and just [I
one [/I]bulkhead / former in a 30 cm model with almost 15 sections is a bit meagre. I had to measure and design them myself.
I've to said the I'd like to design one but really I've several designs on going and I need to finish them. I agree is room for improvement on this one.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
I forgot to attacht the Delta7 Flash Gordon model. I have seen the old movies, which are in black and white, so the ship is grey... The designer has added a little weatherin, but hardly enough to be visible. Room for improvement there.
Sharp looking model. Yeah, I don't need to redo that. BTW, I went on a bit of a tangent last night and started texturing another rocket, complete with 50's style launcher. I worked on the Jupiter, though I did put my own spin on it an will be calling it the Jupiter-47 in an obvious homage to Joe Menosky of "47" fame. I also came up with a planet model of Jupiter, there's a shaft coming out of the model that you can stick into the jupiter model when displaying. I'll probably do Saturn and Mars etc.... I put a corroded metal finish on the 50's era psuedo Russian looking model to make it look as though it was some sort of post-nuclear corroded POS. I added a backdrop to the mix as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_01-apr.-16-06.59.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-screenhunter_03-apr.-16-07.03.jpg   Early SF, WANTED: designer/ illustrator-jupiter-v1_640x542.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i have noticed that a lot of times in old bw movies that grey is red, is there any way to find the original model or a picture of one?
i like the flash gordon one, in fact all these are great!
the nirv [i am guessing that it is nuclear]
rocket that neptune has right above is totally awsome!
it looks familiar but i cant quite place the movie i think i may have seen something like it in..............o well, its still really cool!
anybody going to do finney's ion pod from sttos courtmartial?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
wow! yer totally right!
it looked different to me somehow.
jim
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
The nirv [i am guessing that it is nuclear]
rocket that neptune has right above is totally awsome! it looks familiar but i cant quite place the movie i think i may have seen something like it in..............o well, its still really cool!
Thanks. I think I know which movie you're talking about, but can't remember if it was "When Worlds Collide" or one of the other 50's B movies.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.02 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Thanks. I think I know which movie you're talking about, but can't remember if it was "When Worlds Collide" or one of the other 50's B movies.
Yes, that is the Space Ark from When Worlds Collide. One of my all time favorites.
papermodelers (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 534.62 MB
not to rain on your parade,but Delta 7 Studios already have a bunch of these. The Space Ark even comes with a section of launch rail.
Google Adsense