PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Hello Andre,
glad to have found you this way. ... I also received an incomplete file of another of your creations - can,t find it now, but it had a sort of greenish / cloudy colouring, and two rather unusual fins near the nose. If you can still find that, I would love to add it to my collection?
Yes, that would have been "The Rogue", it was more cartoonish in my opinion, the top fins made no real sense and need not be added. My full made version no longer exist, actually none of my rockets that I build still exist in real life they were part of a box that disappeared during a move and I have yet to find free time to rebuild them.

I still have the files here if you wish to have them, just tell me where you want them, here is an album with photos of the models

Papercraft pictures by avdezign - Photobucket

PS, these are old model, the quality might not be all that great since the only files I can find are the gif, I can't locate the Illustrator originals for now, probably still in a box somewhere on a cd.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Vandal View Post
I still have the files here if you wish to have them, just tell me where you want them, here is an album with photos of the models

Papercraft pictures by avdezign - Photobucket
I decided to add all the files to the photobucket place above, you will find both version of the backyard rocket (Tintin and Rusted) and both version of the Rogue rocket (Green and Rusted) Plus I added more stuff from then (2000-2003) a robot call ProtonMan based on a tine toy I have and a few other files for children

Also added another sub directory for papercraft solids (Platonic, Archimedean, Johnson, Prism, etc.) those were done for a teacher in Germany that wanted papercraft for the students to learn geometry, I am slowly adding the solids that I have on file here to this directory, use and share as you like.

http://photobucket.com/avdpapercraftsolids

Have fun building stuff.

Andre Vandal
Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 GB
Thank you very much , mr Vandal.
I have build your rockets in the past and I am very happy to see the files again.
Great work.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Diderick A. den Bakker

Just want you to know that as soon as I can, I'm going to come back and do the Jupiter version of this ship, see the Big Boy Thread. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 101.41 MB
Greetings, Andre!

I'm glad to see you again on this message board. I was the one who made "The Forgotten Crash Site" diorama with your rusted “Steampunk Backyard Rocket”. It was a somewhat odd feeling to crumble up a paper model before gluing the parts together, but I deliberately mangled it to simulate burst seams and tortured sheet metal.

Here's the original description of this scene:

“Recently discovered by a deep-space probe, this as-yet unidentified spaceship apparently made an uncontrolled descent into the atmosphere before crashing onto the planetary surface. (Ships of this obsolete design usually descended and landed tail-first.) Crew survival at time of impact considered unlikely due to massive hull damage and destruction of the ship’s atomic pile. Visual evidence suggest the crash occurred 50-70 years ago, though no surviving historical records from this period mention a missing rocket fitting this description. No further investigation is currently planned…”

This was a very fun build, Andre, and I'm glad you reposted these files. Thank you again.

David T. Okamura
Google Adsense
Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Hello DTO, David,
Lovely picture, and very original - first time I have come across a SF diorama, I think. Would like to have your permission to put it in my New Photo Collection on www.flickr.com/photos/zeistbouwplaten . Now at nearly 14.000 visitors since mid november! Please send more pictures of other models, if you like.
And anyone else who reads this: your pictures too, please! Send to da.denbakker(at)planet.nl.
Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:42 AM

Hi David,

Glad to meet you again, I must admit losing the original information (almost feels like 50-70 years ago) for the photo on an old computer, but I have now replaced it on the photobucket album with your description.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 101.41 MB
Hi, Diderick! Technically, that particular photo isn't mine -- it was taken at an IPMS/Orange County meeting and is posted in their website photo gallery. (The #350 button was for model judging.) I suppose it would be acceptable if you include "from IPMS/Orange County photo gallery" in the caption/credits. I'll look in my hard drive for other SF model photos.

Thanks again, Andre! As I mentioned earlier, this was a fun project since I could experiment with different techniques. This forlorn scene still remains one of my favorites.

David T. Okamura
Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Myst Island Rocket, Delta7
Not that I have read all posts on the subject but has this rocket ever come up before? I have seen many that came close. Just wondering.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad Cutter View Post
Myst Island Rocket, Delta7
Not that I have read all posts on the subject but has this rocket ever come up before? I have seen many that came close. Just wondering.
Yes, I'm covering the Myst Rocket, it's in the Ark thread.
Google Adsense