PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 323.80 MB
what a cool idea for forming domes! I think I might try it!
also Space Agent, I'm liking your Enterprise. If it were me, and I'm not you, I'd probably make the nacelle struts thinner somehow...Matt Jefferies said he wanted thin struts because he wanted to suggest that future materials were stronger and better than modern ones... Just an idea thrown out.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
thinner like front to back smaller, or thinner as in outer to inner?
Old 09-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

this is my favorite shape. I like the struts in a y formation and the side of the saucer impulses engines is great. myself, I would use a shorter nacelle front and maybe an e-style nacelle, and I would make it have more of a bridge. but other than those preferences I think this is a winner for the 1701-f
Old 09-06-2013, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 12.28 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
**Shares a memory**

When I was a kid, TV life consisted mostly of fighting the parentals to AVOID the stuff they considered "suitable" and actually seeing the things I wanted to see.
"Dr. Who", "Star Trek", didn't always 'cut it' and simpler stuff may as well NOT have existed.
"Space, 1999", "UFO" were what was wanted to be seen in SciFi, and they were usually shown later than the parental types preferred.

"Land of the Giants", "Lost in Space", and "Voyage to the bottom of the Sea" were '2nd string' and thus bearable/endurable but never among the actually preferred.
And of those, "LotG" was most definitely least favourite.

What I enjoy most about the models you've presented and revised here, Jim my friend,
is that they call-to-mind that era in which I knew of them, and some of those elements of childhood that would otherwise have remained quiescent and dormant; not forgotten, but nor highlighted; and thus not passed-onwards as memories to those who come to this world after us.

Yes: your models are easy to build and reasonably simple, compared to those of some other Designers. BUT: here's the thing: Your models also evoke the memories held by those of your audience/fans, and thus fill a gap where most such things are rarely if ever touched-upon. By equal measure, your models are not only Rare but might never have otherwise appeared. And by ANY measure, your models are both Evocative and Enjoyable: which is a quality many models lack. In short, don't put yourself down as a Designer: You DO have many loyal Fans who Enjoy your Models.

Rough example: it is near impossible to explain to my 22 year-old son what seeing the Flying-sub take to the air was like, in 1973 TV. That thrill/interest/ happiness isn't able to be ever adequately expressed in mere words.

However: I show my son your Tholian web-spinner fighter, or J2 craft, and the lad perceives therein far, far more than otherwise he ever might.

IN exactly this respect YOUR models need never be unfavourably compared to those Designers who have gone before you. It is wrongful to attempt the comparison.
Unique models merit fuller understanding than repeat iterations: and the vast majority of the models you show and Release within this Project of yours are Unique.

You say you "live for compliments" , and that may as a Designer indeed be so: But I very gently advise You: Never think yourself less as a designer than those who have gone before you. Some of us fans of yours, myself included, have yet to even approach Learning properly the skills you already have in Design of models.

And I thoroughly enjoy those models you share with us here on the Forum, because they so much evoke those things of early memory that would else be left aside.

They are also, despite your criticism of your own designs, Unique, very buildable and very enjoyable.

Keep up the very good work Jim: there are many here who enjoy your works greatly.

Kind and Respectful Regards Jim My Friend, Uyraell.
Agreed!!!!! I love 'em all!

Best Regards,
Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Banned

way cool! thanks!
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Banned

here is another favorite design for the 1701-f I like
Old 11-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Banned

1st try, had some trouble.no big.

really like building this model!
thanks D-WHALE!

nebula paper model - Imgur
Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Banned

klingon quad

here is some pics of a model I have drawn up and built, I have to make adjustments.
Attached Thumbnails
spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0425.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0426.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0427.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0428.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0429.jpg  

Old 01-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Banned

romulan D-7 pics

heres some pics of a lighted up model.
Attached Thumbnails
spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0525.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0526.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0528.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0529.jpg   spaceagent-9 projects-gedc0530.jpg  

Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.35 MB
I've been out of the loop for quite a while and missed this thread completely

Your models are a real inspiration and bring back so many memories from when I was still a kid. I don't know how you do it but I think your work is awesome. I've tried to design a model and it's so much harder then it looks.

If I can be so bold, could I ask if you ever tried to make the Martian Tripod from the latest War of the Worlds movie, the one with Tom Cruise ?
I tried to make a model of it but it went completely south

I love the FOTN model and surely am gonna try and build it, I remember that movie very well and how it tickled my imagination back then.

Cheers.
Google Adsense