PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 MB
Mektek Dervish

While I was pondering on which mech to work next, Insidious over at Mektek helped me to make up my mind. Next up will be the Dervish mech. A 55 ton fire support mech.

I will update the post here as I go along with the cleaning, building of the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Mektek Dervish-dervish.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I like that choice! It's an evil looking 'mech. Has an Atlas look about it on a lighter frame.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 AM

Now that you mention it, it does have that Atlas look to it ........ almost a mini me Atlas.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 AM

I must say, after doing 40+ models it gets easier to clean up these models. I have finished the cleaning of the model and have started the unfold process. A quick overview shows the model will have about 72 parts.

I hope to finish my other mech build soon then start building this one.

Must say I am quite excited about building this model. Not sure what colors to use .......... so many choices.
Attached Thumbnails
Mektek Dervish-dervish.jpg  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 AM

I really am not one to make manuals let alone instruction manuals on how to assemble a paper model, but I felt that the models I have released in PDO really left a gap for those who do not want to, or cannot use pepakura viewer. Sure the plans can be exported to PDF or JPG or what ever still the builder was left alone in the dark on how to assemble the model.

This is my first attempt to fill in that gap. What I have done is make use of both pepakura designer and sketchup to illustrate how and where the parts fit. This is by now means very detailed but I hope it is enough to guide the builder where and how the parts should go.

Please take a look and let me know if my idea will work.

Any comments or tips ?

PS : I know the feet are missing but I had to cut down the last two pages in order for the file to be under 200kb.

Also it was done very fast, I will try and work a bit on the page cosmetics etc to give it an overall better look, but for now I want to know about the illustrations.

Oh yes. I forgot to say, I will label each part in pepakura layout as per part numbers in the illustrations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dervish Battlemech paper model instructions_test.pdf (188.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
I like it. It works and the modeler doesn't have to keep opening a PC and Pepakura to check on what goes where...you can print it and build the model away from a PC.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very nice. I will still probably build the mech using the Pepakura view as a guide, but the non PDO folks will love the illustrated instructions.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Very clear and simple - work for me...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:26 AM

Played a bit with the model in sketchup and made this. I think it looks pretty cool.