PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
Do you have any views of the models to use as directions?
Sure, I still have all of the models as pdos and can make directions at any time. You'll have to excuse me, but I often don't see the need, thus I don't plan for it. It all just seems so obvious to me. Why not send me a model with no directions and see if I can figure it out? That sounds like fun.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 528.19 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Sure, I still have all of the models as pdos and can make directions at any time. You'll have to excuse me, but I often don't see the need, thus I don't plan for it. It all just seems so obvious to me. Why not send me a model with no directions and see if I can figure it out? That sounds like fun.
They are not difficult, I just noticed on the big boy you have 7 pages of parts, and its not completely obvious where they all go. I'm real bad at directions also. I generally just take lots of photographs from different angles as I build the model and call them directions. for example:

http://jleslie48.com/32ford/cs.html

Having the pdo files is also helpful, on some of the models, I'll just take snapshots of the pdo views from various angles and distances and include them as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
They are not difficult, I just noticed on the big boy you have 7 pages of parts, and its not completely obvious where they all go. I'm real bad at directions also. I generally just take lots of photographs from different angles as I build the model and call them directions. for example:

http://jleslie48.com/32ford/cs.html

Having the pdo files is also helpful, on some of the models, I'll just take snapshots of the pdo views from various angles and distances and include them as well.
Excellent! I'll do just that, BTW, I try to do the directions as photo spreads as well, I just get into the actual building and some times forget to take a picture of step, or two.

Here's an example of where I made a video of the buildup and resultant sculpting. I used screens of the pdo as well as of the actual build and resultant sculpt. I've had hundreds of downloads and have as yet to see one build outside of my own.

1 to 1 Hand Crafted Cylon WIP Movie 1.wmv - YouTube
Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned

I heard from Mr. Leslie today and looks as though he will be hosting the Tin Toy Rocket. I had a little down time today, waiting on silicone and resin to set up and wnet in and played with some CG software and came up with a couple of intersting shots I thought I would share. Additionally, I'll be printing these models up and creating directions and a movie, after which I'm going to coat themwith several coats of primer and spot putty. When all of that is done I'm going to make palster molds and cast them, then I'll detail them and decal them, I might even light them up and send them off to a friend to vacuum form them. I have my own vac table, but I'been running new electrical lines in my shop and it's down right now.

Oh yeah and I tweaked the textures a bit. I may rework them altogether.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Banned

Well...... The flippen pictures didn't come through. Had to change format to .png.... ???
Attached Thumbnails
Fallout NV Vintage Tin Toy Rocket.-tin-toy-2.jpg   Fallout NV Vintage Tin Toy Rocket.-tin-toy-5.jpg   Fallout NV Vintage Tin Toy Rocket.-tin-toy-9.jpg   Fallout NV Vintage Tin Toy Rocket.-tin-toy-10.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Banned

Here it is, thank you Mr. Leslie! Same size model and much smaller file.

The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop - Photo Gallery - Science Fiction
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
holy space cadet batman!
thats way cool.
i vaccuformed a bird of prey, just cant sell it around here, no where to even carry it at. all i wanted was 5 bucks, green led nacelles, purple led cloaking ports. i thought it was a pretty good model. about the size of the franklin mint. same thing, paper model with plumbers air dry putty inside, then plaster mold and then air dry pp in side and then vaccuform around it.
i got it on a site on webs.com.
i could dig up a link. i use vaccuform or press mold parts on all my light up paper kits.
i got a million pics of the last few years of building.
well,
anyway back to work today, probably a job loading cement jacks in the rain at the jetty where great whites come into the bay at.
almost got it once by those huge %#$@#%rs. so scary you cant believe it.
amost as scary as getting married.
jim
Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
holy space cadet batman!
thats way cool.
i vaccuformed a bird of prey, just cant sell it around here, no where to even carry it at. all i wanted was 5 bucks, green led nacelles, purple led cloaking ports. i thought it was a pretty good model. about the size of the franklin mint. same thing, paper model with plumbers air dry putty inside, then plaster mold and then air dry pp in side and then vaccuform around it.
i got it on a site on webs.com.
i could dig up a link. i use vaccuform or press mold parts on all my light up paper kits.
i got a million pics of the last few years of building.
well,
anyway back to work today, probably a job loading cement jacks in the rain at the jetty where great whites come into the bay at.
almost got it once by those huge %#$@#%rs. so scary you cant believe it.
amost as scary as getting married.
jim
With regards to the BOP... Yeah, if you are not part of the Clown Posse Clique and you don't kiss up to the right bunch of fellers, believe me, you're in for trouble.

Any hoo..... Got the rocket printed up today and will have it built and directions posted ASAP, I've also went shopping for E-Engines to lauch it with, Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
you gotta vid that take off!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
you gotta vid that take off!!!!!!!!!!
Definately! I'm going to strengthen the shell to allow it to hold up to the thrust pressure and turbulence.
Google Adsense