PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Big Boy Rocket Toy...

Another Pulp Fiction, B-Movie era Rocket model. Enjoy.

MTK's Card Craft: Big Boy Rocket Toy

I'll be adding the launcher, the ladder and a Space Cadet at a later date.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Really cool looking rocket!!!

Mike
Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Banned

Glad you like it. Below you can see some more of what is on the way. Unfortunately, today is Honey-Do day, so there wont be a lot done today.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_300px-fnv_big_fat_fiery_re.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_fnv_green_bean.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_fnv_needlenose.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_fnv_space_suit.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_fo3_delta_xi_rocket.jpg  

Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_repcon_ts.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_screenhunter_38-apr.-22-22.33.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_screenhunter_44-apr.-23-07.09.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_screenhunter_47-apr.-23-07.10.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-_screenhunter_45-apr.-23-07.09.jpg  

Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.02 MB
Very, very cool...
papermodelers (at) pembertontechnologies (dot) com
Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i would really like to see a minabari war angel fish.
its the only one really, that there isnt a model of that was a big player in the show.
jim
Google Adsense
Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
i would really like to see a minabari war angel fish.
its the only one really, that there isnt a model of that was a big player in the show.
jim
Never did get into Babylon 5, have no reference material and have no idea how this is applicable to vintage sci-fi rocket ships.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
it doesnt really, i was really really tired last night. i work on call for clean up and computer file transfers, so i am wrecked by the end of the day.
i think your stuff is great and you are definately up there with the pantheons of paper.
i cant wait to see you downloads section. it would be like going to disney land.
here i am with my cave drawings and you guys are talking about the cad sculpting you do,
all i can do is keep stuffing my dollars in my coffee cans like henry winkler in night shift and hope in a few years i can buy a lightwave or something .
oh by the way 3-d printers, ''z-printer'' are under 2 grand. you need the computer scanning mesh maker though,i have no idea how much those cost, but if you want to make your own parts , i guess out of an epoxy? with the laser printer, they are up to speed and affordable now.
just google 'z-printer ' and see what sites come up.
the retro rockets are looking great!
i can remember one from some movie i saw a long time ago, it is the typical bugs bunny rocket to the moon, it had steps insisde the fin edges, a hatch over the fin, 3 or 4 portholes going around the cylinder under the nose and a laser cannon in the nose. it might have been abbot and costello go to mars, im not sure, silver red, etc. the usual with multi pipes comming out the bottom. rivets all over and squares for the texture.
and the fins had a flip down lander pad , kind of a circle thing the flipped all the way under the fin from the side. i was so little i cant remember the movie, but it was very cool!
jim
Old 04-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

Same as with the Tin Toy, I played with a couple of different programs and took the game files and converted them and imported them intp Daz 3D and Bryce 7.0 and came up with a few promotional shots. I'll be building this as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-ladder-2.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-ladder-4.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-launcher.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-launcher-3.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-launcher-4.jpg  

Old 04-29-2012, 12:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Was wondering where you got your reference material, just finished reading your TNG thread as well as the one for the German Tin Toy request by Diderick on his "Early SF Wanted" thread.

I have two 1950's style rockets, but I've been wanting to do some from actual movies from the 1950's. I've searched various leads, have a few that the plan is to make as Stomp Rockets.

This explains why I haven't run across some of the ones you've done!

Found and created a "Real Rocket" planes from the 1950's, the SF ones are going to be done as the counter part.

I read where you mention that most of the movies from the 1950's used the V2 as a source for inspriation. It is easy to see that, now that you've brought me up to date!

Really like the textures you're doing, They look fantastic!

The rebuild of the TNG model looks like it was allot of work (youtube video). Didn't watch the whole video, my internet is really bad here, did watch about half of it. Just took about 15-minutes to load, before I gave up. Very interesting project!!!

BTW-Never got into Babylon 5 myself....

Mike
Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Was wondering where you got your reference material, just finished reading your TNG thread as well as the one for the German Tin Toy request by Diderick on his "Early SF Wanted" thread.

I have two 1950's style rockets, but I've been wanting to do some from actual movies from the 1950's. I've searched various leads, have a few that the plan is to make as Stomp Rockets.

This explains why I haven't run across some of the ones you've done!

Found and created a "Real Rocket" planes from the 1950's, the SF ones are going to be done as the counter part.

I read where you mention that most of the movies from the 1950's used the V2 as a source for inspriation. It is easy to see that, now that you've brought me up to date!

Really like the textures you're doing, They look fantastic!

The rebuild of the TNG model looks like it was allot of work (youtube video). Didn't watch the whole video, my internet is really bad here, did watch about half of it. Just took about 15-minutes to load, before I gave up. Very interesting project!!!

BTW-Never got into Babylon 5 myself....

Mike
With regards to reference material... I've been researching and studying these topics since I was a wee lad and have been a big fan of science, sci-fi, modeling, trains, cars, airplanes, space and so on from the time I was six. With 50 stareing me in the face, I couldn't begin to tell you, other than books, the science channel, the history channel, pulp fiction, sci-fi and so on.

Regarding 50's style rockets, I'll be making more, other than that, if you have a specific design in mind I might consider it, or make the attempt to fins soething for you. The internet is a vast resource and is easily mined for this type of thing.

Werner Von Braun was the father of modern day rocketry and was taken by the US Govt when WWII ended as the Nazi rocket program was years ahead of the US and Soviet's programs perspectively.

Wernher von Braun

The textures are just reworked and cleaned of versions of the originals from the game, though I do have plans to create my own. I was working up a UV map of the Jupiter version, but was beaten to the punch, though I may still revisit that....

The Refit has been in the works ofr more than five years, but sat on a vendors bench for the better part of 2.5yrs......
Google Adsense