PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
I love this rocket. It reminds me of the old serial picture rockets like in "Radar Men from the Moon", and "Zombie's of the Stratosphere". I used to watch the different chapters every Saturday afternoon on TV when I was a kid. I liked their ships better than the Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers serials. They had the streamlined shape, but I could never understand why they landed and took of on the skids. Lydecker special effects of the time I guess. Rocketman looked pretty real on screen even if he was an inflatable dummy sliding down a wire.

Clif
Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Neptune,

No need to worry about designs for me, I've found quite a few that will be done. My models are limited by autoCAD ability to do color, my version only does 256 color.

Just mentioning how much I like your models, and was impressed by how you got them. You choose great looking graphics! Like the rocket has been there and done that.

A very interesting book that's on my bookshelf is called The Rocket and the Reich written by Michael Nuesfeld. It covers development of all of the rocket programs from a historical point of view. It covers Werner in great detail. It even talks about the 1st analog computer used to guide the V1.

Keep up the great work, enjoy reading your threads and checking out your models!!!

Brings back several memories as in a few days 55 will be attained.

BTW-You could always post some updates to the thread "Other things we and make" on the Refit. Like I mentioned my internet has me giving up on videos, photos are less time. Interested in how it looks once finished!

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 04-29-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: forogot to mention Refit
Old 04-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
I love this rocket. It reminds me of the old serial picture rockets like in "Radar Men from the Moon", and "Zombie's of the Stratosphere". I used to watch the different chapters every Saturday afternoon on TV when I was a kid. I liked their ships better than the Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers serials. They had the streamlined shape, but I could never understand why they landed and took of on the skids. Lydecker special effects of the time I guess. Rocketman looked pretty real on screen even if he was an inflatable dummy sliding down a wire.

Clif
I'm not familiar with all of those serials, but have seen more than a few. I bought a DVD with a boatload of old Sci-Fi and suspense serials and had to
laugh at how many times the same rockets were used in various progams.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
Hi Neptune,

No need to worry about designs for me, I've found quite a few that will be done. My models are limited by autoCAD ability to do color, my version only does 256 color.

Just mentioning how much I like your models, and was impressed by how you got them. You choose great looking graphics! Like the rocket has been there and done that.

A very interesting book that's on my bookshelf is called The Rocket and the Reich written by Michael Nuesfeld. It covers development of all of the rocket programs from a historical point of view. It covers Werner in great detail. It even talks about the 1st analog computer used to guide the V1.

Keep up the great work, enjoy reading your threads and checking out your models!!!

Brings back several memories as in a few days 55 will be attained.

BTW-You could always post some updates to the thread "Other things we and make" on the Refit. Like I mentioned my internet has me giving up on videos, photos are less time. Interested in how it looks once finished!

Mike
I inderstand your dilemma and appreciate your input. When I get the first one of these built, I'm seriously thinking about shoving a rocket engine in it and seeing if it can handle the stress. LOL!

Regards "Other Stuff..." I wouldn't know where to begin... Electrical, Carpentry, Classic Car Restoration, Teaching, Computer Science, CG..... Electronics, Molding and Casting....???
Old 04-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
what about the 20,000,000 miles to earth venus ymir rocket?
jim
Google Adsense
Old 04-29-2012, 01:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.20 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
what about the 20,000,000 miles to earth venus ymir rocket?
jim
I believe this is the one being referred to:
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Rocket Toy...-20m1.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-20m2.jpg  
Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblf49 View Post
I believe this is the one being referred to:
I remember that, but doesn't it look like a slightly modified version of the When Worlds Collide ship?...

I plinked around with a few more shots of the Big Boy and finally go all of the entities scaled to each other and aligned and the software shot craps! Frakk!
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Rocket Toy...-rocket-launcher-ladder.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-3.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-5.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-1.jpg   Big Boy Rocket Toy...-big-boy-rocket-toy-liberty-prime.jpg  

Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
harryhousen did wierd things to his vehicles.
remember mysterious island, and the nautilas had a v shaped cutter prow?
it does kind of look like that big silver rocket shape in so many movies, but i think ray was making something out of his own mind.
the intakes around the middle of some kind of hydrogen collector?
i wonder what the engine rear view looks like?
jim
by the way nice work on the scout...
i like the tri-component look.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
harryhousen did wierd things to his vehicles.
remember mysterious island, and the nautilas had a v shaped cutter prow?
it does kind of look like that big silver rocket shape in so many movies, but i think ray was making something out of his own mind.
the intakes around the middle of some kind of hydrogen collector?
i wonder what the engine rear view looks like?
jim
by the way nice work on the scout...
i like the tri-component look.
Yes, but I think you see my point, after looking at all of these old school rocketships, they kind of start to blur after awhile.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Yes, but I think you see my point, after looking at all of these old school rocketships, they kind of start to blur after awhile.
Easy to see what you mean. Been doing quite a few searches the last week. Main fuselage shape pretty much like you said in an earlier post, "V2 shape".

The fins are about the only thing that really changes. Some add a set of wings as well, but most stick to the fuselage shape of the V2.

Sometimes somone adds a canopy or air scoops of some sort.

Mike
Google Adsense